Us

Few weeks has passed since we first kissed. We were only secretly dating, only us, our places and the hidden places of Oxford knew. We acted like young teenagers, trying to hide a forbidden thing from their parents. None of my friends knew but we were happy because only us would know. We shared more intense glances, trying to hold each other's hand in public, discreetly, only brushing each other's skin. Stealing a kiss in the bathroom. Our little secret made me happier than I ever was.

Today Alycia had an appointment at lunch, Harry and Miles ate together and so I stayed with Maisie, it's been awhile since we weren't just the two of us.
-So... Now we're completely alone... I'm dying to know!
-To know what?
-Come on... There's something more between Alycia and you am I right?
-What makes you say that?
-Ohhh please! Since the winter break you're only with her, you both look at each other in such a way... She devours you each glance!
-Oh really?
I tried to hide a smile by bitting my lips.
-See? I know you... Don't hide your stupid smile... Not from me! Just say it!
-Maybe...
-Maybe??? That's all I get???
-If you promise to be silent than maybe you'll know more...
-Okay I'm a tomb!
-Alright... Yes... We're dating...
-NO BLOODY WAY???!!!
-Hey remember what I asked you!
-Yes sorry... Oh my God how amazing is this?! So??? How it happened??? I want to know everything!
-Well...
And so, I told her, not everything but mostly. She was jumping around like a child as she heard more.
-How is she? I mean in a relationship?
-All you could wish for...
-Wow...
-What?
-You're so in love!
-Is it that obvious?
-Hell yes!
I was smiling, thinking about her, trying to not seem too cheesy but it's true. I'm madly in love with her.

•••

It was hard to keep it secret as we both were craving for more each day. It was hard to keep our hands to ourselves, to not hold the other, connect in a way. So we let it go. What could we loose or anything right? It's our lives and we wanted to live it right.

She was home tonight, working together while eating a simple dinner I cooked, some wine. She was beautiful. The candles were reflecting on her skin, warming the tones of her hair, the flames paying on her glasses. She was focused, quiet as I was watching her from my spot. I was sitting on the ground as she was on the sofa in front of me.
-You know staring is rude...
-Yes but not now!
She detached her eyes from the papers to me. I could still feel these butterflied in my belly each time her eyes met mines. She was a dream.
Someone broke our moment by knocking heavily at the door.
-Who could this be?
-I don't know... I'm going!
I stood up, caressing her shoulder as I walked to the door.
-James? What brings you here?
-Is she here? Is she with you?
-Who are you talking about?
-Your Australian girl!
-Why do you care about her?
Her was angry, furious and obviously drunk.
-Where is she? Naked in you bed where I used to? Ready to fuck you? Or she maybe already did?!
-James you're drunk, go home...
-Huh? Where is she?
I placed my hands on his chest, trying to keep him outside.
-James stop this! I'm calling a cab for you! Now go!
But she was taller and stronger than me. She pushed me inside my own place, walking like a maniac towards Alycia who was listening carefully.
-There you are!!!
-Hey Y/n's right, calm down, she's going to call a cab for you to go home safe!
She was standing in front of him. I saw fear in her eyes, looking at me, begging me to do something.
-James now get out or I call the cops!
-Oh really???
He then walked to me, pushing me against the wall, my wrists in his firm grip, pinning me against the wall. I didn't broke eye contact. If I did, I don't know where this could lead.
-Why did you do this to me? Huh? Why? What that extraordinary she has and I don't?! Answer me...
He was yelling, his voice cracking, trying to hold back his sadness.
-James I... My love for you died... It's not because of her! She was just a friend when we broke up... Nothing more... Don't be mean to her! She's out of this!
-But I love you... I alway will... Why can't you try?
-Because I want James! I can't love someone who breaks my door to have me back... This isn't how it works... You have to move on James...
-BUT I FUCKING CAN'T!!! DON'T YOU GET IT?!
He let my wrist out of his grip, hurt, punching the wall next to my face, making me jump but not move as I heard Alycia shouting, ordering him to stop.
He started to break things inside, getting out of control, yelling things. I saw Alycia taking her phone, calling the police. We couldn't stop him or at least not her. I then tried to walk to him, I wanted to do something before he ruined my whole apartment. As my hand touched his arm, I saw in a second his other one flying to my face, slapping me like the lamp he just threw away. I felt myself falling, not being able to control my body as I hit the wall. I heard from afar Alycia's screams, things getting broken as some sirens before it totally faded away...

_______________________________________

Hello my beautiful people!

Here's a shorter update than usual but I wanted to make you wait a little for the following events... 😇

Hope you enjoyed!

Love you all, thanks for your constant support 😘