Home

The trees started to let the huge buildings of the airport appear as I was on the road to bring Alycia home. It was very early in the morning, sunrise, it was beautiful but my mind was so loud, so stressed, I didn't know what to say or do when I'll see her. Plus I didn't say much about her gift... I didn't know how she would react as well but I was so exited to see her again!
Many other people were waiting with me to greet the people they were waiting for. We all were silent until passengers started to come towards us. My heart started to beat faster, my palms getting wet, my eyes scanning the crowd to find the lovely face I missed so much until I saw her, wearing a black coat, a cap, her light blue jeans signature, her suitcase in her hand. I saw she was also looking everywhere, she didn't even saw me, her eyes were moving too fast but I did. She was gorgeous, she looked exhausted but as beautiful as usual. I couldn't contain my smile, I wanted to run to her, collapse in her embrace but I patiently waited. Then her eyes lightened, her smile was back on her face as she gasped and ran to me. She let her bags fall as she almost jumped in my arms. We collided quite violently but still, her hug was soft yet strong. She buried her face in my hair as I did the same whispering:
-Dear god I missed you so much!
-You too sweetie!
I almost cried because home felt like home again, it was complete now.

The car drive was long but she insisted to tell me everything about her time theres and I couldn't be happier to spend all this time listening to her, again and finally. She tried her best to not fall asleep and so did I, I didn't sleep much last night as well... But we arrived at her place.
I took her luggage so she didn't have to carry them anymore to be fully able to run and fall on her bed. Which she did. She ran, not bothering to take her coat or shoes off and fell on the bed, groaning.
-Ugh... Feels so good!
As her voice was mutted by the sheets.
-Gosh you didn't even bother to take your coat off!
I chuckled.
-I will, I will...
-You'll be sleeping if you don't do that now Alycia...
-Help me then, please...
-Alright you baby!
She then rolled on the bed, trying to take that long coat off while I tried to take her shoes off.
-Here we are! You're free to sleep now!
-Such a gentleman!
-Don't flatter me, I know!
I answered sarcastically.
-I let you sleep now, I'm going so you won't be disturbed.
I was about to take a step out of her room as she spoke.
-Please no... I missed you... And you're not disturbing y/n.
-You're exhausted Alycia...
-But you're home!
I felt my stomach pumping all around my body, turning upside down. A wave of heat went from my head to toes. She was looking at me with puppy eyes, leaning on her elbow, almost begging me to stay. I just stood there, frozen.
-I'll stay then...
-Thank you!
Her voice was tired but still this gentle, caring despite the lack of sleep.
I sat on her bed, taking my shoes off.
-Take a t shirt! You won't be comfortable in that shirt and tight jeans...
I so took an old and loose t shirt of hers, I took my shirt off, being exposed in my jeans and bra, turned around as I could feel her eyes on me. I then put the t shirt on and took my jeans off as my bra and joined her in bed before pulling the curtain.
-Can we cuddle?
-Why are you asking?
She then moved and put her arm around my waist, holding me tight. I smiled. It didn't last long until I knew she was asleep. I felt good, warm, relaxed. Like home. Because she was.

In the early afternoon, I woke up still feeling her arm around me. I glanced at her, I smiled. I knew this was the way I wanted to woke up everyday. I kissed her forehead ans went to prepare breakfast.
Her room didn't have a door, so she could be able to smell all the things I was cooking for the both of us. As I finished, I went back to the room finding her still asleep. I then took a book and read while eating breakfast, waiting for her.

[ Alycia's POV ]

The smell of a typical English breakfast filled my nose and woke me up. I could hear her in the kitchen, humming quietly some notes. This was the way I wanted to wake up everyday. Her, being by my side. I didn't move and waited for her to come back. I felt her sitting back in the bed, carefully, trying to not wake me up. She started to read as I opened my eyes. She was focused, peaceful. I couldn't help but stare at her. She was beautiful. My morning view. I moved which caused her to take her eyes off her book to smile at me. Oh that smile.
-Good morning sleepy head.
She said cheerfully in her English accent which made me melt.
-Hi...
-Breakfast is still warm. I thought that a typical one might please you.
-That's amazing! You're a sweetheart! Thank you!
She just smiled and blushed.
We started to eat in a peaceful silence, appreciating the meal.
-I loved your Christmas present... It was... Just beautiful... It left me speechless!
-Yeah?
-Totally! I feel honored to be honest!
She gave me some paper ripped from her sketchbook. I knew she draw sometimes but not that good and especially not me. My stomach went crazy as I opened her gift on Christmas morning. I knew I was in love with her, but not that much.
-How about mine?
I asked shyly, afraid.
-Yours..? Hum...
I saw she got nervous so I stopped talking about that. She maybe didn't felt anything else than friendship.
-Don't worry it's okay... You don't have to say anything... It was bold from me... I maybe shouldn't have done that... I'm sorry...
I stood up, trying to avoid the situation but she followed me in the kitchen as I went to pour a glass of water. I rested myself on the sink, heavily breathing, trying to deal with the moment.
-Alycia? Please look at me... Please...
But I didn't, I couldn't. Seeing her was killing me. Killing me for not being able to hold her like I would, love her as I would.
-I didn't answer because I was scared... I... When I opened the box I got so scared even petrified... My mind went blank as my heart raced. I didn't want to know that because... I was so scared that our friendship could broke... I was so afraid to loose you because it's never easy to deal with feelings in this kind of situations. My only solution was to run, avoid the discussion...
I heard her voice crack, as my tears already fell on my cheeks. I knew now she didn't reciprocate the feelings but I loved her anyway... She came closer and put her hand on my shoulder, softly and afraid.
-Alycia... Look at me please...
This time I did, my eyes red, my heart racing when I felt her and saw her so close.
-I wanted to avoid this situation because I never knew that this friendship could grow into something different... I was scared because I got hit by all of this... I never admitted myself that yes... My feelings were more than friendly... I was scared because I felt something different, because this time, you made me feel like home. Each time. I do love you Alycia. So much.
I stopped breathing as she said these three words. I thought my minds gone mad and invented all of this but no,it was all true as I felt her hands on my neck and her lips on mines. I felt relieved, free in a way. Her lips were soft, her kiss passionate but gentle, hiding some lack of confidence, some fear. I was holding her so tight, I was afraid to let her go as if I thought this was a dream. She broke the kiss to talk.
-You don't have to cry... It's all okay now Alycia.
-Yes... Yes... I...
I let a nervous laugh which made her laugh as well. Her eyes changed, she was looking at me in a way I've never ever witnessed.

I knew now how love looked. I knew know how home felt.

_______________________________________

Hello my beautiful people!
First chapter for this new year!

Can I say... FINALLY??? Wow I got so into it!
Tbh it wasn't planned to go this way but guess what? It doesn't matter! Here's some love for this new year haha

Btw I wrote something, it's called "announcement" on my profile, would you mind check it out and give me your opinion?

Love you all, take care Xx ❤️