Victoria

Such a beautiful day started to rise for us. The sun was slowly piercing the morning fog, warming the leaves and the grass, drying the daw. The sun was carresing my face while my hands were getting warmer around the cup of tea on the table. Like each morning, Maisie, Harry, Miles and I were having our time together in this little coffee shop few streets away from the campus. The interior was prinicipaly buried in dark fournitures and walls made of wood, bricks and books all around. The place was filled with this typical sent made by hot coffee mixed with old books. It was my favorite place. I could sit for hours, looking at the people who were coming and leaving, taking their favorite beverage, some staying like us to talk, relax, some doing their homeworks just on time with their usual strong coffee or tea. It was this time of the day that you could learn and see how the people looked like inside. The determined ones who ordered a black coffee or tea, the soft ones with a drop of milk, just for the fantasy and people believing they were in Starbucks trying to add many things in their cup.

I was nicely sitting on the bench, next to the window, James' arm around my waist, both drinking our tea as proper English people, listening to Harry and Maisie's debate like each morning.
-But Maisie this isn't even looking like a proper tea!!!
-And so what???
-Milk, sugar and toffee? Really?
-Yes Potter!!! Like it or not, it's mine! Not yours! But you know what? I bet you want to taste it, just a single sip because you're tired of your strong and black tea... Admit it!
-Bloody hell no!!! I'd prefer to taste piss then!
-Rubbish!
-Harry would you stop? It's hers... Stop messing around each morning about this please... You sound like an old man!
  I snapped, sipping my tea. His eyes were wide because as usual, he never knew what to answer back when I finally talked to end up his non stopping arguments.
-Well mates, I have class now! I must leave! See you all later!
  James stood to leave, waving at us, kissing my cheek before putting his coat on, leaving a smile on my face.
-You love each other so much that it's almost disgusting y/n!
-You're the gross one Maisie!
-I mean, aren't you tired and used to kiss and fuck the same man???
-MAISIE !!! Of course not! I love him, a lot! We won't break up this early dear!
-Sorry to bother but we must go too.
  Said Miles, his low voice never rising a higher note.
We were all starting to dress up again, Harry drinking his tea in a hurry, Maisie glaring at him.
-I know you like him...
  I whispered in Maisie's ear. I could see her cheeks turning in a bright pink, leaving a smirk on my face when I saw she tried to hide it and avoid this discussion.
-Isn't it your partner at the counter    y/n?
-Oh yes! I'll meet you all in class! See you!
  My smile grew a little wider when I saw her ordering a drink at the counter.
-Good morning fellow!
-Oh y/n! I didn't expect you here! It's good to see you! How are you?
-It's good to see you too! I'm pretty good thanks! Ready for today?
-Well I tr-
-Miss??? Your coffee!
-Oh sorry, thanks!
  She said embarrassed, smiling awkwardly. This girl was so adorable, so cute in all the ways. Her accent, her face, her eyes and soft little smile. I knew I already liked her a lot. I have those feeling that she will be someone good for me. I don't know why, it's just that I have such a good impression.

At lunch, I invited her to stay with us because she was alone all the time. No one came to her, try to talk or include her. People were so wrong.
-Oh yes this week end is going to be epic mates!
-Oh yeah! God I can't wait!
  Miles and Harry couldn't stop talking about this week end.
-What's happening this week end?
-Darling please... You must be kidding me?
  Maisie and her inimitable sarcasm hit Alycia so harshly that her mouth opened wide, looking at me for answers.
-Maisie can you please for once be delicate? Oh... Right... You can't... Nevermind !
  She rolled her eyes and continued the discussion with the boys.
-Excuse her, she thinks she's Elizabeth... This week end is the integration week end, which means the new and innocent ones will be baptised by the older ones to sum up.
-Oh okay... Sounds good!
-You should join us! We're heading to our favorite pub The Victoria! We'll get to know each other a little more and out of the university!
  I said genuinely.
-Thanks, I'd love to!
-Good!