Moonlight

{Alycia's POV}

I was lost in the moment when I heard her muffle few weaks words. I stood up right away and ran to her, trying to catch her before she completely fall and hurt herself.

- Slow down, don't worry I have you, I'm carrying you to bed, hold on tight.
I tried to hold her as hard as I could, she was weak, she didn't have much strength left to walk...
- Here, lay down. Let me take your shoes off.
The only thing she could say was a low "thank you" before she fell asleep. It was odd. Our first real talk and time together it happened and now it happens again. All the same. The kitchen sink, the tea, almost everything... So I stayed by her side the whole time, I made myself confortable in a big chair and a book while she was asleep. I couldn't help myself but glance sometimes, checking on her but watch carefully her features, looking the same to me but sharper, a little older but still I think she remained the same inside out.

The night was settling, the apartment wasn't lightned by the day but only candles and the moonlight. I went eating something quickly, leaving the door opened if she needed something. I went back to my chair with my plate and my book, opening the page where I stopped.
- Alycia?
I was sitting confortably under my cover and mouthful of pastas when her voice took me out of my reading, immediately putting my book and plate away, coming closer to her.
- Yes, I'm right here. How do you feel?
- Exhausted...
I smiled gently.
- Do you need anything?
- Can I have a glass of water please?
- Yes of course, I'll be right back.
She made me feel so weak. I knew I still loved her and now seeing her this vulnerable only made me want to be closer to her, to hold her, take care of her but I knew I couldn't... This isn't my place anymore, it belongs to someone else.
I came back with the glass filled with water, seeing her sitting on my bed, in another world.
- Here!
- Thank you very much!
She drank the whole glass in seconds.
-Ugh... That's better! Thank you!
She looked soft, huggable, lovable. Then her eyes widened.
- Oh my God Alex! He doesn't know I'm here! He must be so worried!!!
She tried to jump out of the bed but didn't succeed, she was too weak.
- Hey hey hey call down! Sit down, he knows! Your phone was ringing every five minutes so I decided to hung up and tell him what happened that for now you were asleep and you would text him when you feel better.
- You did this?
- Yeah?
- God... You're an angel... Thank you, really! Ugh my head's spinning now...
- Then lay back, don't worry it's fine.
- Alycia I can't stay the night...
- Why not? You're not well, you obviously can't drive or ever walk properly...
- Right...
- Call Alex and tell him you'll be back in the morning!
- Alright...

{Your POV}

I called Alex briefly because I couldn't bare having a whole conversation right now. I needed to lay down again. Which I did. Alycia left the room while I was calling Alex but came back a moment after.
- If you need something to feel comfy just tell me, I have a lot of things!
- Well yes, I don't want to spend the night dressed like this... Thank you... Again...
She opened her closet and gave me a large t shirt, a sweater and pants.
- You still have this t shirt???
- Well, yes, is that a bad thing?
- No no... It's just... Weird to see it again.
I said with a nostalgic smile. Then I changed in the bed with some difficulties but still, I managed to do it with the lack of energy.
She came back, changed herself to take the soft cover she had before on her chair and a pillow.
- What are you doing?
- Sleeping on the couch?
- Hell no please! It's still your home and bed, I should be the one on the couch! We can share the bed! Or... Maybe you don't want to as well... It's fine... I...
- Alright!
- Alright?
- Yeah! I mean, we slept in the same bad for a time so...
- Right...
She then came under the cover and switched the light off. It felt good and yet very uncomfortable. Her presence took me back to our time together, to all the talks we had in bad, all the laughs, the good time... I never had this anymore with anyone. She was the special one, the one you can never forget and no one can be above.
- Do you remember that time when we literally spent the entire night drunk and laughing so hard that the neighbors shouted at us?
I said with a chuckle and she laughed. Oh god how much I love this laugh. Butterflies started to fly softly inside but I let them... And so, despite the tiredness, we spent a long time talking about so many things. It felt like ages, like the time stopped again.
- Alycia?
- Yes?
- Why didn't you proved me wrong back in Australia?
Few seconds passed before she answered.
- I didn't have the guts to do it... You were so hurt, so harsh, so... Broke that I didn't dare to approach you and I knew how bad it feels to feel betrayed, you needed time... But still, I never had the guts to tell you this before today... I also ruined it...
- No... I realize today that it's my fault, I ran away, I left everything, I didn't fight for us neither... I ruined something I never wanted to break...
- You know... I know today how it feels now to see the person you love kissing someone else's lips, imaging them late at night, together while all you want is to scream to have your love back...
That's when I realized she was still in love with me. Her words elevated an entire butterflies' field inside. I realized that I... Too... Loved her. I never stopped neither, the hurt just faded away and the everyday life made forget.
- Alycia?
- Hum?
- Are you... Still in love with me?
I thought she wouldn't answer or maybe after seconds but no, she did it right away.
- I never stopped Y/n...
Then I sobbed... So hard.
- Can you believe how bad this turned? We left each other while none of us wanted to, I started a new life with a man that loves me deeply, I... I build a lie to mask all the things I still felt for you and now it's falling apart... Again...
She then hold me. Like she did when I was hurt, sad, lonely. Tight, her arms all around, her hand in my hair, her head resting above mine.
- It wasn't a lie... It's true, you fell for him, you didn't break anything, he's still waiting for you at home you know?
- That's the thing... He's waiting for me while I'm here... And... I know it will never be the same anymore...
- Follow your heart Y/n, that's all I can say...
- I know I'll hurt people in the way... I don't this anymore! But... I know it's either you or him...
- You know, I understand you don't want to break what you built with him, believe me I do...
I escaped her arm then. I sat still, my tears rolling on my cheeks. I looked at her, only the moonlight reflecting on her sight curls, the beam in her green eyes... I couldn't anything else then lean in. My lips brushed over hers, her breath got heavier, scared almost asking me if I was sure. I felt wide wake. My hand found its way on her cheek to her neck, kissing her fully. Everything exploded. It felt like I was alive again. Kissing her felt right, felt terribly good. It tasted like home.

_______________________________________

Hello my beautiful people! How are you all?

I thought I could update on Friday but I was very busy so here's the usual update!

Gosh I couldn't wait to write this 😭 I hope you liked it as much as I did writing it!

Tell me what you think, what do you think will happen between Y/n and Alycia now?

Take care of yourself and your family and friends,
X- Lisa ❤️