1.0

Fabian nods as the stunt coordinator explains one last time what he's expected to do and how, holding the Captain America helmet he's going to be wearing under one arm.

"Got it." He confirms one last time before the coordinator goes to make sure final checks of the equipment, not that much is involved, have been done.

"Look at you," He recognises the voice immediately, turning to see Sebastian and Chris Evans walking towards him. "You look almost as good as Evans in the suit."

"Funny," Fabian replies, blandly. "I'm glad you brought yourself, friends and Captain America himself to witness my failure. Can't you tell?"

The pair laugh, looking over their shoulders at the cast members on set today congregating at a distance to watch the stunt.

Chris pats his shoulder, "Don't worry if you don't get it on the first try - though I have a feeling you will - Ben and Hemsworth both fell over their capes on the first day in front of everyone."

"Was that meant to make me feel better?" Fabian pulls a face.

"Pretty sure he's just trying to show you that none of us are perfect either. You've witnessed yourself how many times I've dropped my blade while practising." Sebastian clarifies, sipping on some coffee before winking at him. "You're going to be fine - and I'm sure the ladies would love to help if you get a scratch."

Chris laughs, "That's true - they might end up falling over each other to volunteer."

Fabian rolls his eyes, ignoring the teasing and looking over as he notices the film crew start to get into their positions. "Looks like duty is about to come calling. Fingers crossed I don't break anything if this doesn't work out."

The pair wish him one last good luck before he takes his position at his marker, pulling on the helmet before taking the shield he's going to be using from one of the crew members. There are no wires or harnesses involved in this stunt so there's nothing to get tangled in, he just has to land everything right.

With a nod to the directors and a deep breath to calm his nerves, they call action and start the stunt. He goes through all the motions that he's been talked through by the trainers, "throwing" out the shield in typical Captain America fashion and dodging the hits of stunt people playing soldiers around him, reaching out and catching the shield as it is brought back from out of shot to protect himself from the "bullets" coming his way before manoeuvring the shield to take down the agents directly fighting him. He then places the shield onto his back like he is meant to and runs towards the target platform, preparing himself for the hardest part of the stunt - the bit where it can go wrong the most. He runs at the corner of the platform he is on, vaulting over an obstacle before running the short distance left of the platform and jumping across the gap between the platforms, wall running up a little higher, mentally pushing through the strain on his leg muscles, before pushing off the wall at an angle and grabbing the edge of the higher platform with one hand.

The platform has a decent drop and is painted, giving it a smoothed surface that makes it hard to grip. When he feels his fingers start to slip slightly, he grabs on with his other hand and works to pull himself up, crawling up and rolling onto his back once he's safely up, briefly sighing in relief as he hears them call cut and cheers ensue.

"That was awesome," He hears Tom Holland shout in excitement, the adrenaline from watching apparently making him more energetic than usual.

Fabian sits up against the wall the platform is against, pulling off the helmet and coughing as he tries to catch his breath. He closes his eyes and takes a moment to breathe. A stunt trainer joins him on the platform, placing their hand on the back of his neck and asking him if he's alright as he sits with his legs bent, his arms braced across them and his head hanging and breathing heavily, to which he nods. 

"They don't do this kind of stuff at the gym." He jokes, sitting up a little and running a hand through his hair, smiling as the trainer pats his shoulder.

"You did good for a first-timer. Now, let's get down from here."

A crew member takes the helmet and shield that they drop down to them before both Fabian and the trainer drop down onto the padded mat in the gap between the platforms that he jumped earlier.

They step off the set and go their separate ways before Fabian is engulfed in a tight hug; he recognises the cologne and hugs Sebastian back before letting go and smiling at the amassed group.

"Told you that you had nothing to worry about," Chris Evans states, clapping him on the back.

"Yeah, you nailed that. If I didn't know you, I probably would have thought you knew what you were doing." Seb adds on to his friend's comment.

"Whatever you say," Fabian rolls his eyes. "I'm just glad I didn't fall on my face."

They all laugh at his comment before most of them are called to go do one thing or another. Sebastian walks with him back to the trailers, opening the door to his own and letting the younger male enter first as usual. Fabian's clothes are folded neatly on one of the counters where he left them when he came here to change earlier.

"Do you have a shower in this or do I have to wait until I get back to the house?"

"There's a shower just through there." Sebastian points him in the right direction. "There's not really anywhere to put your clothes so I'll lock the door and you can leave them here where they'll stay dry."

Fabian kisses his husband's lips in thanks before taking one of the towels from a shelf and placing it on the side while he strips off the costume, leaving him in just his underwear. He hears Sebastian move around and lock the door of the trailer while he is doing so.

"Calvin Klein? Nice." Sebastian comments, reaching out and tracing the waistband, pulling it out a little and letting it snap back against the skin of Fabian's hip, eliciting a hiss from the younger male. "You can't wear them in the shower though so I guess you'll just have to take them off and leave them here."

Fabian ignores the innuendo and picks up the towel, stepping back towards the bathroom in the trailer. "I know what you're trying to do and it's not going to work."

"Can't blame me for trying, though." Sebastian cheekily replies before going over to the table to go over some of his lines while he waits.