4.9

Fabian looks up from his place at the kitchen table, going over this week's mountain of paperwork and forms, when he hears the front door shut and keys being dropped into the bowl in the entryway - placed on the side table there purely for that purpose. It doesn't take long for Sebastian to enter his line of sight, having shed his jacket and shoes in the foyer.

Fabian smiles at his husband in greeting before looking back down at what he's doing, though, he's only half as invested in it as he was before the Romanian's arrival. "You look like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Did you have a good night out with Mackie?"

He hears Sebastian hum in confirmation before the older male moves behind his seat and wraps his arms around his shoulders, leaning down to nose at the space behind Fabian's ear. Although Fabian can smell alcohol on him, he knows that Seb isn't drunk. He's way too coordinated to even be tipsy, so he's probably only had two to three drinks at the most.

"It's one thing to read texts about them supporting me, but it feels so relieving to experience that in-person - to see that nothing has changed, that they still treat me the same." The feeling of the Romanian's lips against his skin makes the younger male shiver, but his words make Fabian smile, knowing all too well what he means.

"Thought only Anthony was coming?"

Sebastian shakes his head, "Chris begged a couple of days off to fly specifically for this, to be able to show his support in person."

Fabian finishes up the form he's going through before packing it all away, resigning himself to finishing it in the morning before he goes to work. With that aside, he nudges Sebastian away so he can push his chair out and stand up.

"How much have you had to drink?" He eyes his husband, smiling to himself as the older male steps into his space and snuggles against his chest. He kisses Sebastian's hair as he wraps his arms around the Romanian's waist. "You're not stumbling all over the place or talking my ear off so I doubt you're drunk."

"Just two beers - I just feel good." He goes quiet before shifting his head against Fabian's chest to look up at him. He briefly closes his eyes as Fabian ducks his head and presses kisses to his forehead and nose before responding to the soft kiss he prompts Fabian to initiate. His lips turn up into a soft smile when they separate, Fabian running his hands up and down Sebastian's back slowly but not in any way trying to initiate anything heated right now. "It's the first time I've worn my ring in front of them and not had to worry about hiding it or taking it off without one of them noticing."

At the mention of his partner's ring, Fabian moves his right hand to catch Sebastian's left as his attention falls to the jewelry sitting proudly in its place. Neither of their rings are flashy, but there's no denying what they mean when someone sees them; it's why Fabian made no effort to deny that he's married when he posted the picture with his nephew, having forgotten that he was wearing his ring until it was too late.

"I'm glad you're happy, I am, but we can't stand in our dining room all night." He chuckles at the disgruntled noise Sebastian makes. "Come on, it's time for you to go to bed. You're tired from jetlag." He cuts his husband off before he can voice any protests. "Nope, no arguing. You need sleep, now let's go."

Sebastian gives up voicing his protests since he actually is tired, but Fabian can tell by the mischievous spark in his eyes that he's still not going to make it easy for the younger male to get him to go to sleep.

"Carry me."

"What?"

Sebastian shrugs before snuggling closer and wrapping his arms around Fabian's waist. "I said carry me. I seem to be just too tired to walk all that way to the bedroom."

Fabian sighs, wondering if his friends know how childish the Romanian can be sometimes, before untangling Sebastian's grip around his waist and redistributing his husband's arms around his neck. "Sebastian, you're my husband, and I love you a hell of a lot, but you're a massive pain in the ass sometimes."

Sebastian laughs in response as Fabian bends before picking him up using a secure grip on the Romanian's thighs. "You love it."

"That's debatable," Fabian comments as he begins walking through their home towards their bedroom, Sebastian melting against his body and completely trusting the younger male not to drop him - not that Fabian ever has.

"You obviously do, or you wouldn't have agreed to marry me."

Even with Sebastian's childish antics, Fabian can't help but smile at Sebastian's retort which comes about once Fabian has placed him down onto the mattress of their bed; less gently than he would put down a child but careful enough that he knows he isn't going to hurt his partner.

"Biggest mistake of my life." The younger male playfully comments, winking at Sebastian.

"Say it with more conviction next time and I might believe you."