⚠️FIVE: KNEE-BANGIN' SCREAMS⚠️

"I've got great news."

You hung behind the boys who brought you here. They'd taken you to a classroom where two other boys were waiting, and a nervous looking girl sat alone.

"We found a supermarket that had barely been touched by survivors, so we managed to get lots of food," the boy with glasses said with a smile.

"Yeah, and then Ms. Trouble unleashed the zombie circus on our asses," Zion added, stepping back so the others could see you.

"Who is this?" A boy with soft features asked, eyes filled with worry.

"She just suddenly flew out of a storage room screaming, with zombies chasing her. Man, I was so shocked I didn't even know what to do." Zion laughed as he remembered. "'Run, you idiot!' she said."

The worried boy broke into a smile and laughed. You grabbed on to a desk, feeling your heart go weak.

"Hey, you don't look so good. I didn't mean anything by it, y'know," Zion said. The room began to spin and you stumbled back, the floor coming out from under you. Your head hit the ground with a solid thunk and the world went dark.

You were nowhere, flowing amidst your thoughts in darkness. "How could you leave me?" Jason asked.

I didn't mean to, you tried to scream, but nothing would come out.

Then you were at a party, sitting on a stool. Jason sat next to you with a smile, a plastic red cup in his hand. The loud music sounded muffled, like you had a pillow over your ears, and people's mouths moved, no words coming out.

Madelyn jumped into view, her eyes full of horror and her mouth forming a scream as she pointed at the door. Two zombies limped in, mouths open too wide and eyes dead and haunting. You felt panic bubble in your chest but you couldn't move, not even to turn your head.

People began running, tripping over each other as the monsters tore through the crowd, biting and tearing and hitting. More came in the open door, flooding into the room. There was no sound but the music, yet at the same time the room was filled with screeches of people whose lives were ending, of those who feared their own. You tried to move, tried to call for help, tried to run, but you were rooted in place.

Madelyn tripped over a tipped stool and her head hit the corner of the counter hard, with a loud crack that you could actually hear. She crumpled on the ground, blood spilling from the wound, zombies coming over to her to feast.

This time the scream escaped you, so loud and terrified that it hurt your own ears and you wondered if it even came from your throat. You jolted forward, head spinning as the brown walls of a classroom came into view.

The boy with soft features was kneeled next to you, holding out a hand to calm you down. You took loud, deep, gasping breaths, hot tears beginning to fall down your face.

"It's okay," the boy said, coming closer to put his hand on your shoulder. You imagined a zombie and you flinched, scooting away from him.

"It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you," he said softly. "Nothing's gonna hurt you. It's safe here."

The door burst open and the boy with the mask emerged, as well as another boy who was the tallest.

"Jeez, I banged my knee because of that scream!" the boy with the mask scolded. "You were supposed to comfort her, Harry, not scare her!"

Harry just looked flustered, rubbing your back.

"I brought my bat." The tall boy added.

"I'm sorry Eugene," Harry said to the boy in the mask. "And Ethan, everything is fine."