3

The woman was nice, I tuned her out as she talked on her phone though.

I was too busy with the burger she'd offered to care. It was the best thing I'd had in a long time...

I felt my tail wag as she used her nails to scratch behind my ears.

"There's a good boy," she said as she slowly crouched.

It didn't take me long to inhale the rest of the burger.

I snuffed at her when the food was gone she started to rub the side of my face as she eyed the wound on my shoulder and leg.
.
.
.
It didn't take long for a black car to roll in front of the alley.

The window rolled down, "Hey Nat!" The man behind the wheel called.

"C'mon big guy, let's get you some help huh?" She muttered as she stood up.

I gave a whine at the loss of her hands.

She took a few steps towards the car before turning back, "C'mon big guy."

I whined and limped after her, she was nice. I hadn't had nice in a long time...

She opened the back door of the car and coaxed/helped me climb into the back of it. She elected to sit in the front seat though, that made me a bit sad.

A whined and rested my head on the console and stared up at her, she put a hand on my head, "He needs a vet," Nat told the guy.

He nodded his head, "There's one not to far from here," he informed as he turned.

I wondered what a vet was and what Nat was going to do with me.

It didn't take long for the man to park the car, "You're probably going to have to put a leash on him since he looks like he's a pit bull," the man stated as he opened the glove box, pulling out a long, black leather leash.

Nat took it from him and glanced at the collar around my neck before promptly taking it off and forming a temporary collar with the leash.

The man got out first and opened the door for her before opening the back door to let me out.

I carefully hopped out and allowed myself to be led into a small building that smelt like a lot of other animals on the outside, but burned my nose a bit on the inside.

Nat sat down while the man talked to a woman behind the counter, I sat pressed against Nat's side and rested my head on her thigh and looked around at the other people/animals.

It couldn't have even been five minutes before they called Nat's name.