10

My eyes didn't leave Stark until he'd left, which was just after Nat had opened all of the boxes.

There were two whole boxes of toys, my tail wagged hard against the floor as she handed me a soft squeaky goose.

I spun in a slow circle as she opened a box that had two big beds squished in it. I laid down in the one she put beside the couch and chewed on my goose.

Nat picked up the other three beds and disappeared in the direction of the room she'd put me in earlier.

I sat up straighter and stared in her direction until she reappeared in my view.

She plopped herself back on the couch, beside my bed, and picked up the remote to turn on some TV. She picked a show about a couple guys who fixed people after failed plastic surgeries.

I laid my head back down, with the annoying cone still on, and chewed on my squeaky goose.
.
.
.
I had drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to Nat getting off of the couch to go to bed. "Sobaka, let's go to bed," Nat decided after staring at me for a few moments.

I assumed Sobaka was now my name, I didn't know what it meant, but I decided it was much better than Rampage.

I picked my goose back up and limped after Nat.

She led me to her room, where there was another dog bed on the floor.

I made my way over to it and laid back down, Nat changed into a pair of pajamas and climbed into the human bed.

"Good night Sobaka," was the last thing she said before the lights turned off.

I chuffed back at her and laid my head down on my squeaky goose.
.
.
.
A week and a half later, Nat deemed the cone unnecessary.