22

We managed to get a distance away from them, we were getting near the house when Natasha tripped.

I could still hear the men behind us.

"Fuck," she said again, holding her ankle.

I whined and sniffed at it. It didn't look broken.

She used me as a crutch to pull herself up and start hobbling off. She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and started pressing on it as she ran, but she didn't have it long before it was shot out of her hand.

"Ataka," she said as she continued to run, stumbling a bit as she did so.

I stopped running with her and veered off to the side, circling around to jump on one of the attackers with a snarl.

I bit into the side of his neck, he screamed as he fell.

I jerked my head from side to side, tasting blood as it filled my mouth before I moved off to chase after the others who were chasing after Nat.

I snarled as I neared another one, but he stopped and turned to face me.

I still jumped and knocked him over on his back, I started to bite into his shoulder, which was protected by padding.

One of his buddies had stopped chasing after Nat to kick me in the side with the toe of his hard boots.

I fell off of his friend with a yelp, something was definitely broken.

The man who I had been biting stood up and looked down at me with disgust before he aimed his gun at me and fired.