19

Training didn't tire me as much as it had on my first day.

Nat and I had been training for the past couple weeks, the trainer said that he was impressed with our progress.

We were getting ready to go though.

Nat was wearing athletic shorts and a T-shirt while she fixed herself breakfast.

I was sitting on the floor hoping for her to drop something.

Steve chose that moment to come in from his run, "Mornin' Nat," he greeted. He was covered in sweat.

Nat glanced over from the cereal she was pouring, "Morning Steve,".

Steve looked down at me and gave my head a rub, "You guy's fixing to head out?" He asked.

My tail thumped against the floor as I leaned against Steve's thigh.

Nat nodded and poured milk into her cereal, "Once I finish eating,".

Steve grabbed an orange from the fruit bowl and started to peel it, "Can I tag along?" Steve asked, neatly placing his peelings on the counter.

Nat shrugged her shoulders and swallowed her mouthful of cereal, "I don't care,".

Steve looked down at his clothes, "I'll go shower and change real quick," Steve informed before basically inhaling the rest of the orange and running off to his room.

Nat rolled her eyes and focused back on her cereal.
.
.
.
Steve returned less than half an hour later with wet hair.

"You ready now princess?" Nat asked, having been scrolling through her phone for the last twenty minutes.

Steve gave her a look, but grabbed another orange, "Yep,".

She gave a small whistle, so I stood up. "Get in the car,".

Steve held the door open for Nat and I.

I got to sit in the backseat instead of the kennel, but only because I gave Steve the puppy eyes.

My harness was still tied to the hold of the door, but I felt involved. So it was fine.