14

It was only a few weeks after that when Nat started to pack everything up into boxes, starting with my things.

I whined as she did so and started grabbing my toys from the boxes to take them back out. She gave me a look, "Sobaka," she warned.

I lowered my head and looked up at her with a whine.

She sighed and gave my head a pat before she brought her phone out of her pocket and typed something before tossing it aside.

Then, she moved on to packing my beds into another box.

I gave another whine, it wasn't long after that the doors opened revealing Steve.

"C'mere buddy," Steve said as he crouched and extended a hand.

I slowly made my way over with my head and tail down, looking up at him as I got there.

He rubbed behind my ears, "Look at him Nat,".

She grabbed a leash out of the box and tossed it to Steve. "Take him out for a walk so I can finish, he unpacks whatever I pack," she told Steve, who caught the leash.

He clipped on the ring of my collar, "Okay bud, let's go outside,".

I hesitantly followed Steve into the elevator and gave Nat a sad look as the doors closed.
.
.
.
Steve walked me all the way to a park, and then walked me around the park.

A few people took pictures of us as we walked, Steve just ignored them.

A few people walked up to him and asked for pictures or a signature, he would indulge them for a moment before moving on.

One man though, wanted more than that. "Can we arm wrestle?" He was buffer than Steve, who looked confused by the request.

"No thanks, I'm just trying to walk my friend's dog," Steve excused and tried to walk around him.

The man turned as we walked past, "Why? Scared you'll lose?"

Steve stopped and rolled his eyes before turning his head to look at the man, "No, I'd rather not break your arm,".

The man scoffed and took a step towards Steve.

I put myself between he and Steve letting a growl rumble deep in my throat.

He stopped and looked down at me.

I bared my teeth at him and growled louder.

When he made an effort to take another step forward, I let out a deep bark and snarled.

The guy eyed me warily, "Whatever," was all he said as he headed off.

I growled until he disappeared from view.