16

We'd settled into our new home pretty well. It'd been about a month since we moved in.

Nat was in the common room on the couch with her feet propped up on the table. She was taking her time reading through a small pamphlet, she had a few others on the cushion beside her.

I was laying on the floor when Steve walked in, he made his way over and leaned on the back of the couch behind Nat. "Rico's Guard Dogs," He said, I looked up at him.

Nat hummed in acknowledgement and looked to the other side of the pamphlet.

"You really want to get him trained?" Steve asked as he walked around the couch, stepping over me to sit beside Nat.

"He has potential," was all she said as she folded the pamphlet back.

Steve nodded, "I'm not denying that," Steve patted the couch beside him.

"Come on Sobaka,".

I heaved myself onto four paws and climbed on the couch, curling up with my head laid on his thigh.

Steve started to rub my head, which earned a slow tail wag.

"He has potential, so I want to be able to control that potential," she clarified as she looked between the four pamphlets she had in front of her.

One was for Rico's, there was another for police K-9 training, military K-9 training, and the last was a place that trained guard dogs.

She stared at the four for a good minute and a half before she said, "I think I'm going to go with this one." She picked up the pamphlet for the military.

Steve nodded his head and took the pamphlet from her before reading it himself.

It didn't take him very long, "You'll have to go with him for it," he informed.

She nodded, "I know, I want to train him in a different language,".

She leaned over and gave my ear a rub, "He'll do good, I know he will,".