18

I did not know a few things as it turned out.

Nat wanted me to know things in Russian.

Ko Mne was to come. Sidet was to sit. Lyezhat was to lay down. Stoyat was to stand. Myesto was to stay. Ryadom was to heel. She also taught me Fu, which was to leave it alone.

When we got in the car, she started talking about a few more things she wanted to teach me, like Golos, Tiho, Gulyat, and Domoy. I wasn't sure what those meant, but I was sure I would soon.

I was tired; when we got back to the house, it was dark outside.

Steve was at the door waiting for us when Nat parked the car.

Steve put me on his hip carried me in the house, I liked Steve.

I had my eyes closed and my head laid on his shoulder when he walked in.

"Jesus Nat, did you traumatize him?" Someone asked.

I was to tired to identify the voice.

"He's just tired," she said, a hand patted my back.

"I'll go put him upstairs in his bed," Steve informed before he started moving.

I curled up a little, my face ended up pressed into Steve's neck.

His hand rubbed my back, "I know bud," was all he said.

It didn't take long for him to get to Nat's room, nor did it take long for him to kneel down on the floor to put me in my dog-bed.

I looked up at Steve as I curled up in a ball, he gave my head one last pat before he got up off of the floor.

"I'll see you tomorrow bud," he whispered as he turned towards the door.

He left a crack in the door so I could leave, it was the only light illuminating the room.