12

I was slowly introduced to other people, one at a time.

After I'd met Steve, I was introduced to Bruce, Wanda, Pietro, and Thor. In that order, but I'd never been in a room with all eight of them at once, which was what Nat decided was a good idea as we went into the elevator to go to the common room floor.

There was a new scent I hadn't smelled before, it was coming from a discolored man with a stone in his head. I didn't like him.
.
.
.
I was sitting by Nat, who was perched on the couch with her feet in Clint's lap.

They were watching some TV show about an archer in Star City, where ever that was...

She was also making him paint her toenails red while she started working on her fingers.

Steve chose that moment to walk in the room. "What are you watching?" he questioned, looking at the TV.

"The Green Arrow," Clint answered as he set the nail polish to the side and picked up the remote.

The sentence the character was saying was abruptly cut off as Clint exited it.

"You didn't have to-" Steve started.

Clint cut him off. "We're gonna start it over so you don't get lost," Clint excused as he started up another episode.

Steve noticed the fingernail polish as Clint picked it back up. "Can I-?" he trailed off.

Natasha immediately offered him the polish she had, "Go ahead,".

Steve sat down on the couch and accepted the polish and set to work on her right hand as the episode played in the background.

It didn't take long for Clint to finish up with her toes.

Steve finished not long afterwards, but his fingers kept twitching after he'd screwed the cap back on.

Clint and Nat both noticed. Clint reached over Nat's feet and pulled open a drawer on the coffee table and pulled out a book with a wire spine and a small ziploc containing two pencils and an eraser.

Nat took them from him and handed the items to Steve, who looked confused.

"We've seen your old sketchbooks," was all Nat told him as she settled onto the couch to wait for her nails to dry.

Steve seemed to accept that, but he looked like he was about to cry as he opened the book to the first page and used the pencil to start lightly drawing lines.