20

When we got to the field, our trainer had his truck parked in the training area and the bed was down.

I hopped out and followed after Nat and Steve as they went to greet him.

"Mornin' Miss Romanoff, who might this be?" He asked, focusing on Steve.

Nat raised an eyebrow at him, "You already know who that is,".

He sighed, "I'm trying to be polite Miss Romanoff,".

Nat rolled her eyes, but Steve butted in, "I'm Steve." He offered his hand, which the trainer shook.

"Nice to meet you Steve," the trainer said as he shook Steve's hand before taking a step back.

"Are you looking to observe or would you like to participate?" The trainer asked.

"Observe," Steve said simply, glancing over at Natasha.

She didn't acknowledge the response, she only looked over to the thing that was in the back of his truck.

"That an attack dog suit?" She questioned.

The trainer turned to his truck and nodded his head, "Yes, yes it is, I've got big plans for today,".

I wasn't sure how to feel about the grin on the trainer's face.
.
.
.
As it turns out, each one of our owners took a turn in the suit for someone else's canine.

We had to go sit in the car when it was Natasha's turn.

The trainer wanted everyone to take a turn in the suit because he said he wanted us to think about it before they sent us after someone.

Steve didn't have to though; although, he did try to take it for Natasha.

The trainer shook his head and said that I wasn't his dog and that he wasn't the one registered for training.

Natasha took a salt bath when we got back.

Steve rubbed her back and shoulders before we went to bed.