17

Nat put me in a kennel in the back of the car while she drove.

Today was the first day of our training together.

I wasn't sure whether to be excited about it or not, so I curled up in my kennel to sleep through the drive.
.
.
.
It took us about an hour to get there.

Nat clipped a leash on me before she let me out.

I hopped onto the ground of the parking lot and looked around.

It was surrounded by a chain link fence and there was an area nearby that also had chain link fence around it. There were also a few people and their dogs there; as well an obstacle course.

Nat and I headed over there.

I stuck by Nat's side, all of the other dogs were either German shepherds or Belgian Malinois.

Nat and I placed ourselves on the outer edge of the line.

That was when a man separated himself from the rest and turned to face us. "Find the place okay Miss Romanoff?" The man asked.

She nodded her head. "Wasn't hard," she informed nonchalantly, petting my head.

The man switched his gaze to me, "And this big guy is Sobaka?" He held out a hand for me to sniff, which I did.

Nat hummed in confirmation, "I think he has potential to be a good guard dog, so we're here to enhance that potential,".

The man crouched down in front of me and looked me over, "Physically I agree with you, but mentally? We'll see," The man said before he stood back up.

I watched as he walked over to a small platform.

"Today, we're going to start with basic commands," he announced.

He looked down and skimmed over all of the dogs, "How many of you taught your dog basic commands? Sit, stay, heel, come, lay down, stand, etcetera,".

A few raised their hands, he nodded his head, "Good, today you'll be practicing that and the rest will be learning it,".

This shouldn't be too hard, I knew a few things.