𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖎𝖓 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖘, 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍

The morning sun peeked through the small opening of the pastel pink curtains. Isabella laid stiffly in her bed, her vivid golden hair splattered over her white sheets. Looking over at her covered windows, Isabella sighed and sat up on her bed looking down at her pale hands. Another sleepless night. Shaking her head, she took a deep breath and swung her feet from underneath her warm sheets and onto the floor. The cold tiles beneath her feet woke up her body who seemed to be too exhausted to move.

She made her way through her small kitchen and into her bathroom. Turning on the shower, she let her silk nightgown fall onto the floor. She reached out her hand to test the water and then proceeded to get in. She first let the water slide down her spin, making her arch her back and throw her head to the side. Feeling her eyelids falling back down, she turned around and turned the warm water off, drowning herself in the icy-cold water. Her body shivered in shock and her eyes fluttered open.

Once she was done, she wrapped herself in her towel, not giving much thought about her soaked hair or her wet feet that left marks on the floor as she made her way back to her room. Swinging her closet door open she pulled out a white-laced corset shirt and some high waisted blue jeans. She then dried her hair, pulling it down with a brush to straighten it.

Her phone rang and she looked down at the Caller ID. She rolled her olive eyes and picked up her phone, placing it on speaker.

"Hello, beautiful," a cheery voice said from the other side of the line. "What are you doing today?"

Pulling her makeup box from inside her drawer, she placed mascara on her thick eyelashes and swiped the cherry red lipstick on her plumped lips. "Visiting hell," Isabella answered as a matter of fact as she cheeked her red coffin nails.

"Come on now," her stepmother cheered. "Don't be a bum!" Isabella didn't answer and let the woman continue. "Why don't we go shopping today? Let's have a daughter and mother time!"

Only because you're sleeping with my dad doesn't mean you're my mom, Isabella thought.

"I can't today," Isabella answered popping her lips. "I have some business to deal with." The line went silent for a few seconds.

"Okay," Nicole gave up. "But I hope to see you at tomorrow's dinner. You know how your dad loves Sunday dinner!" Isabella looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

"Don't worry," she lied getting her purse and throwing her documents in it. "I won't miss it." She ended the call and called a cab.

"Passport please," the old woman said glancing at Isabella over her glasses that rested on the tip of her nose. Isabella searched her purse and pulled her passport out as well as any other document that the woman would ask to see.

The woman looked through the documents and typed some words on her computer. She gave quick glances at Isabella trying to read her, which Isabella didn't really mind since it was probably her job to observe the kind of people who entered and left the airport.

"Okay, Isabella," the woman said spitting Isabella's name back at her. "You are all done. Do you have any baggage." Isabella smiled at the woman politely and shrugged her shoulders like a child going to school without her backpack.

"No ma'am," she responded receiving an annoyed look from the woman.

"Well then, here," The woman handed Isabelle her ticket. "You are in Gate B-4. Your plane will be leaving in an hour or so. Have a safe flight," the woman said sarcastically. Isabella grabbed her documents and her purse and moved away from the long line of travelers that waited impatiently with travel pillows around their necks.