𝖂𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖘

||Chapter 8: Wishes||

"So," Eros began laying back on my bed and stretching his arms up. "When are you going to leave this boring room? It looks like a cat died in here." I shook my head at his odd observation and continued to straighten my hair.

"The real question," I said curling the tips. "Who invited you?"

"Aw come on, Golden Locks! I saved you don't you remember." Eros turned around and swung his feet up in the air making a ninja-like turn on my bed. I didn't know what he was doing but I decided not to question crazy.

"And if you don't remember," I glanced at him from the mirror. "I also saved you. Without me, you would be a fried chicken right now." Eros threw a pillow at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"Stop bickering you two!" Aphrodite said walking in the room with a bag of makeup. She sat in front of me and pulled some brushes out.

"By the way," I began allowing her to place makeup on my skin. "What's the relationship between you two?" Aphrodite and Eros looked at each other for a few seconds and then fell into a fit of giggles.

"Oh love," Aphrodite said cleaning an imaginary tear from her eyes. "I'm his mother."

I stared at Aphrodite for a few long seconds, waiting for her to laugh and admit that it was a joke. But when she stayed silent and just stared back at me my mouth fell to the floor.

"How?" I asked questioning science. "You two look like you are my age!"

"It's the beauty of immortality," said Eros flipping his imaginary hair back.

"Wait. So how old are you guys?"

"Two thousand and six hundred years old," Eros said.

"Four thousand,"  Aphrodite said placing gloss on my lips.

"And Hades..." I began.

"Don't ask," Eros said rolling his eyes. "He should be the one to tell you that."

Aphrodite finished my makeup and moved towards my closet. She pulled out the dress she had bought for me and laid it against her body so that I could see it clearly. I smiled at her and nodded in approval before turning my attention back to Eros.

"What do you mean?"

Eros got up from the bed and walked towards me. "Let's just say," He said pulling my hair back from my shoulders. "He's sensitive when it comes to this topic." I began to suddenly panic when numbers began popping in my head. Getting up from my chair I shook my head and reached towards the dress.

"You know what?" I said grabbing both of them by the hand and pulling them outside the room. "Forget about it."

Once I was finished getting dressed I pulled out the card that Aphrodite had gotten for me and wrote in cursive:

𝓗𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓼, 

𝓘'𝓶 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓪𝓭. 𝓐𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓾𝓹 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾. 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓪𝓭 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓭 𝓪 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓾𝓼 𝓪𝓽 𝓪 𝓢𝓪𝓷 𝓕𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓸 -𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓹𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓵𝔂 𝓶𝓮𝓽 - 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓿𝓮-𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓾 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓮. 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓘 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮.