𝕷𝖊𝖌𝖆𝖈𝖞

||Chapter 11: Legacy||

"So..." I began laying back into the small pool Tyler had made for me in his bathroom. He went to Walmart and bought one of those small children's pools, deep enough to cover most of my body. Although I felt uncomfortable squeezing into the rubber circle and trying to make sure every inch of my body had a taste of water, I really appreciated his effort. "How do you know about the Gods?"

Tyler looked over at me from the other side of the bathroom floor. He was leaning back onto the wall with his legs crossed. "I hunt them, Isabella." My eyes went round and my mouth fell open. "Don't give me that surprised face. I should be the one like that. Why the hell do you have a God as a boyfriend."

I snapped my fingers at him and grunted. "First of all, I didn't choose this," I said gesturing towards my neck. "All I wanted was to work!" I whined looking up at the ceiling and splashing my hands on the water frustrated.

Tyler's eyes knitted and he frowned. "What do you mean you didn't choose this?"

"I mean I was kidnapped, Tyler! They kidnapped me so that I could be Hades's bride! Can you believe that? Me? A bride? Please, I can't even stay in a relationship for more than a month. Imagine for the rest of my life!" I complained ignoring Tyler and imagining myself having a bunch of kids running around me screaming mommy. Ew.

"Kidnapped?" Tyler's eyes burned with anger. I was pulled back from my disgusting imagination and I looked at him.

'Well, yeah. But I'm okay with it now," I could see Tyler became confused so I continued. "I mean, they treat me right. Hades has anger issues but he never hurt me in any way...Maybe he's just concerned-" I stopped myself and I scratched my nose. "Did I just say that?" I mumbled bringing my knees up to my chest. I began to recall all of the times Hades had one of his episodes and I began to feel a heavy thing press down to my chest - regret. "I fucked up, didn't I?" I asked myself.

"What did you say?" Tyler asked not very happy that I had once again ignored his existence in the room. I looked up at him and faked smiled.

"Nothing. Could you give me a minute alone? I'm tired." Tyler nodded and left the bathroom.

I didn't know what I felt for Hades. I always thought I hated him. I hated the way he spoke to me and the way he ordered me around, but now I don't know. Maybe it's the bite he gave me or maybe it was that session we just had in the car earlier, but I had felt a sense of loneliness when I went back to the parking lot and saw that he was not there. To be honest, I wished he was. It may sound corny and childish, but I wished he was still waiting in the car for me. I wished he had given me one of his cold stares but then held my hand as we finished to watch the movie. I wished I could have shared the cotton candy with him.

I want him to come pick me up, I thought, I'm sorry.

A knock echoed in the bathroom and Tyler peeked in. "I made pasta. Do you want any?" I pushed my emotions to the side smiled at him, nodding. He kicked the door open and walked in with a pan full of pasta. I laughed as he sat back down on the ground and handed me a fork.

"So," He said as I shoved a spoonful of the pasta into my mouth. "I was reading into some old ancient books to help you with your....problem... and I found a way that we could get rid of this bond you and he have."

"Well, spill it. Don't keep the cat in the bag for too long. It might die." I joked.

"Another way is to kill the giver," he stated as a matter a fact.

"Kill the giver? You mean Hades? Kill Hades?" I asked to make sure I was hearing right.

"Yeah. We got to kill him."

"No. No. No," I insisted. 'We can't kill a God! Haven't you watched movies? If we can't kill vampires what makes you think we can kill Gods?"

"First of all, vampires are not real. Second, Gods are easy to kill. We just have to find their weakness." Tyler elaborated.

"Weakness? They have one?"

"Yeah. It changes though. But most of the time it's related to someone or something."

"Like...something they like. Well, that'll be difficult." I laughed. "Hades is very selfish."

Tyler stared at me and hummed in response.

"What?" I asked feeling uncomfortable.

"Don't worry about it too much," he continued. "I've been after Hades's ass for a long time, but it was hard to find him. Every time I thought I found him, he disappeared."

"You mean that you wanted to kill him?" I asked startled.

"Of course. It's my legacy. My parents did the same thing. They've killed more Gods than you can imagine. Did you know that some Gods are not mentioned in history? Well, that's because every time we kill one of them, history changes along with it."

"Wait...but if you kill Hades what does that mean for me?"

Tyler glanced at me and at my bite mark. He stared at it tensely as if he was choosing his next words wisely. As if he was scared of hurting me even though he didn't know of what cause. "It means you will forget ever meeting him."

I was about to protest and to try to change his mind when a loud bang was heard from outside the bathroom. Both our necks snapped towards the open door and out into the hallway. Suddenly, a tall figure appeared in the shadows and my heart raced. Tyler stood up and reached towards his cabinet.

"Hades," I whispered.