𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖂𝖆𝖘 𝕬𝖙 𝕸𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖕𝖘

||Chapter 12: Heaven Was At My Fingertips||

Tyler was slammed against the wall by an invisible force with a loud bang. His legs dangled and he scratched his neck desperately trying to remove the object that was pressing against his throat, blocking the air to enter his lungs.

Hades's eyes were black. Pitch black. My heart slowed down and my hands began to sweat. It was Hades. The true Hades. The true God of the Underworld.

I moderately walked towards him, making sure my movements were as nonthreatening as possible. It was like I was walking towards an uncaged tiger who had not had a meal in decades. I placed my hand on his burning hot arm, feeling as if my skin was being melted off my hand. Ignoring the pain, I looked up at him softly.

"Hades..." I whispered. He neglected me and from the corner of my eyes, I could see Taylor's hands drop to his side as his eyelids began to slowly close. "Hades," I said again, this time louder. Hades looked down at me, his face twisted in pure anger. The same invisible force that was killing Tyler pushed me away. My unsteady body fell to the floor and my heart sank. It was the first time he rejected me and for some reason, I was beyond pissed. Pissed out of my mind. As if something inside of me could not accept no one other than Hades, him not wanting me was not an option.

A fit of bizarre anger boiled inside of me and my main concern wasn't Tyler anymore; it was Hades. I jumped up back to my feet and rushed towards Hades again. He glared at me as a warning sign, but I ignored him and slammed my lips against his. I heard a loud thump of a body and vicious gasps. Well, Tyler survived.

I pulled away, "Don't ignore me." Hades's pitch-black eyes searched my face in confusion. "I'm sorry," I confessed. "I shouldn't have ran away. I was...scared."

Hades grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Of me?

"No!" I continued, placing my hand on his cheek. "Never. I was scared of myself. Scared of the situation. I don't know how to fall in love. I don't know what it even is!" I hurried my sentenced, embarrassed.

"Love is just chemicals, princess." He explained and my heart shattered. Was he neglecting me again? 

Seeing my sudden change in mood, Hades tilted my chin up so that I could look at him. "But this," he said touching the bite that was slowly turning into a scar. "This is real."

Hades's voice tied me into a deep sense of comfort as if I was floating on air. His words were like lullabies that made me sleepy and his scent was relaxing my tense muscles.

"Don't listen to him," Tyler interrupted with a raspy voice. He was sitting down on the floor, leaning back weakly onto the wall. "It's the bond! Remember! The bond is making you feel like this!"

I could hear Tyler's voice, but it was very faint. I was bewitched and I didn't mind. "Hades," I whispered before he could think about trying to kill Tyler again. "I want you. Right now."

Hades's lips formed a grin and I knew that heaven was just around the corner. He pushed me back and I let my body fall. Soft duvet covers touched my skin and the velvet red curtains were swung shut.

Hades pinned me down and devoured my lips. His tongue explored my mouth while his hands went down my body. I let out a giggle when I felt his warm hands on my stomach and his lips began to suck on my neck. My body was heating up and I could feel the excitement running in my veins.

As if my own body was tired of his teasing, the bite on my skin began to sting. I shifted under Hades's body, uncomfortably. "Hades," I began but I did not need to finish my sentence. Hades's lips left my skin and went straight to the scar. He sucked and kissed it, leaving me completely breathless. The pain began to fade, but I was drowning in pleasure. I grabbed his hair pulling him closer to me, and pushed my chest off the bed trying to close every possible gap between us. Impatiently, I ripped his shirt off and flip our positions - now I was on top. I trailed kisses from his neck and down the many scars he had on his chest and abdominal area. I traced all of his imperfections and perfections with my lips and hands, making sure not to leave anything untouched.

I went back to his lips and kissed him as my hands made my way towards his pants. I was suddenly stopped when Hades pushed my hand away. I sat up, my legs around his waist while I sat on his stomach. I looked down at him innocently, "I knew this was a mistake. We shouldn't have done that." Hades's hands snapped towards the top of my still wet dress and ripped it open leaving me only in my panties.

I smirked down at him, "I love the games we play."