Chapter 7

He was on an adrenaline rush, completely nervous and stressed. The blood pressure level was fluctuating and he was pacing round the room a frown adorning his forehead.

Pehla Nasha pehla khumaar
Naya pyaar hai naya intezaar

And there she was singing and giggling on his mess.

"Stop it Suman. I'm already so nervous and you are teasing me. You're on my side or not." He was whining like a child and she laughed again.

"Come on you are behaving like a teenager who is going to meet his long time crush the first time." And she laughed at him again. She was just teasing him but she knew he was nervous mess. She also knew it wasn't easy for him. She herself has been in love with him but never been able to confess. They say its easy to fall in love but tough to confess and even tougher to keep it. She was keeping her unrequited love for him but today he was going to confess.

It has been ten years him keeping his longings and love within himself but today he decided that time was slipping and may be she too. Today when he saw her after so many years still smiling like old days but not with him rather another man. He saw the look he was giving her just the same olden days boys used to give her. He realized he might lose her to someone else.

"But are you sure she will agree to my proposal?" He was sceptic of his future which was going to be decided within a few minutes, exactly
15 minutes
900 seconds

Time was ticking slow but his breathing was fast. Even Suman suggested that after this showdown he should seek a doctor.

"You should go see a doctor after this, I can literally hear your heart beating so loud like a drum.". She said with a fake seriousness. And he just glared at her.

A few more minutes went away with a loud beating hard, a man pacing the lengths of the room and a girl giggling at his nervousness and occasionally assuring him. Even Suman was shocked to see this lion of court being a deer on target of lion.

A knock was heard and Suman ran into the attached bathroom of their rented hotel room. She locked herself in there and he  prepared himself to answer the door with clammy hands. Another knock and he opened the door. The woman standing there was as confused and surprised as a student in a pop quiz.

She was confused as to why after so long he asked her to meet him today. He asked her to enter the room. Whatever it was and howsoever septic she was of meeting this man in an isolated hotel room but she trusted him. She did not trust his lawyer tactics and twisted brain but she trusted his heart which belonged to her. Yes she knew it. She knew there was only her in his heart but the fate.

As she steeped in and turned eyes from him to the room the first thing she noticed her favorite picture with him which they took at India Gate years ago all framed and sparkling.
She still could see how much their eyes smiled in the picture, the proof that they were happy. Old happy days. She sighed sadly smiling.

She turned her gaze to the other things around. Their pictures together, the cards they exchanged, those old love letters all framed hanging on the walls. A collage of their pictures together spelled,

"Will you be mine forever?"

Target 25 votes
Love,
Zindagi