Chapter 7

Anakin was stunned. Never in the 3 years that Ahsoka had been his padawan had she yelled at him like that. They've had their fair share of fights before but there was always a layer of respect and love. No matter what they said they both knew that in the end they were alright. But this was different. There was so much pain and hurt in her voice. Anakin could tell in that moment, something snapped.

"Anakin are you alright?" Obi-wan asks, noticing the look of utter confusion glaze Anakin's face. 

"Um... yeah." Anakin replies, almost choking on his words. "Listen, I appreciate the help but its getting late and I just wanna get to bed." 

"Of course general." Rex says and promptly heads to the door. He can tell that at least for tonight, his stay isn't welcome anymore. 

Once Rex leaves Anakin hastily collapses on the couch. Anakin is so shaken up about the ordeal that he is on the verge of tears. Anakin only just realizes that Obi-wan is still in the room.

"Master if you don't mind I would appreciate some time alone."

"Anakin are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Obi-wan says as he begins to take a seat next to Anakin. 

"Please Obi-wan, just go." Anakin scoffs. 

"Alright, we can talk tomorrow." He replies and then walks to the door. The last Anakin hears is the soft shut of the door and quiet footsteps. Then silence. 

Anakin sits on the couch for hours, trying to mull over the past few weeks, figure out where he went wrong and how to fix it. His gaze is fixed on the crack under Ahsoka's door. Its been quiet ever since Obi-wan left but her light has been on the whole time. Usually Anakin would bust in and jokingly pester Ahsoka on why she is up at such a late hour. However, as much as he would like to he can't bare to do it. All he can think about are the words she said and how much he has disappointed her. You're her master Anakin, you're supposed to look after her. Look at what a poor job you've done. 

Finally Anakin finds the strength to pull himself up from his comfortable spot on the couch and go into his own room. The second his head hits the pillow Anakin is out. However not too pleasant dreams seem to follow him.

Anakin finds himself standing in their living room. Ahsoka is across from him and she is smiling. Its strange, how safe her smile can make him feel. Suddenly her mood changes radically and her beautiful smile is replaced by pain and hatred. 

"Why don't you care about me?" she yells. "You're a terrible Master, I wish I was never assigned to you in the first place." 

Why is she saying this? What did I do wrong? How do I fix this?

Before Anakin can even respond, the whole scene changes. Anakin is in a dark room, and can barely see in front of him. His attention is drawn to the quiet sound of sobbing, off to the right of him. Anakin moves forward and tries to locate the source of the sobbing.

"Hello, is anyone there." Anakin asks to the dark. At the sound of his voice the sobbing stops abruptly.  However, before the sobbing stopped Anakin managed to get a good idea of where it was coming from. He slowly makes his way to the source when suddenly the room begins to brighten and he sees a small figure lying on the ground with their back to him. As his vision slowly clears up, Anakin realizes the figure is bleeding from there wrists, a small blade rests on the floor beside them. 

Anakin crouches down beside the figure and rolls them over, trying to get a better look at the individual and how he can help them. Anakin jumps back in surprise as soon as he gets a look at their face. His breathing starts to quicken and become heavier as he looks down at his padawan, bleeding out from her wrists.