Chapter 8

Day 3

Ahsoka woke up feeling energized and refreshed. The previous night Anakin and herself had gone out for a late dinner. Surprisingly the night wasn't completely terrible. It was a bit awkward at first, neither of them knowing how to strike up a normal conversation and instead sitting in silence. After everything that's happened in the last few months, it felt like they had both changed, and somehow didn't know how to act around each other anymore. Luckily after an unsettling 30 minutes or so, they willed themselves to actually talk to each other and from there they had an enjoyable evening. 

As Ahsoka sat up, wiping the sleep from her eyes, she realized she had very little memory of actually getting home. She remembers leaving the restaurant and getting into the speeder, but after that she draws a blank. Ahsoka decides the specifics aren't important, she got home so who cares. Instead she gets out of bed and looks for her belt, that she hopefully took off before bed last night. It didn't take her long to notice the two silver cylinders attached to a band of leather resting beneath her bed. Once she is properly dressed, lightsabers hanging at her waist and her over-sized cloak resting on her shoulders, she heads for the door. 

When she walks out of her room and into the living room/kitchen of her quarters she is surprised to see Anakin sitting on the couch. Ahsoka had expected him to be long gone by this time, as is his usual routine. She never knew where he spent his days but recently she never really cared, all she knew was that it wasn't with her. 

"Master." She speaks up. At hearing his name Anakin turns away from his holopad to look at his padawan. 

"Hey snips, didn't see ya there." Anakin replies, a smile glued to his face. "How'd ya sleep?"

"Um, not bad." Ahsoka laughed to herself, Of all the times he could have asked, the one time he did is when I actually slept fine.

"Good." 

A moment of silence quickly followed, neither knowing how to lighten up this awkward situation. 

It was Anakin who finally broke the silence

"So I thought, if you were hungry, we could go get breakfast at the mess then head to the training rooms. We haven't spared in a while." 

Ahsoka thought the proposal over for a moment. She didn't feel like eating, but if she told Anakin that it would probably tip him off that something was up. After all, she was always hungry. Or at least until he started haunting her thoughts. She also didn't mind sparing, it was what she usually occupied her time with. She would just have to hold herself back a bit, don't let Anakin know how much she was overexerting herself. 

"Sure Master, that sounds fine." She finally replied. 

Anakin nodded in confirmation, then placed his holopad on the couch. 

___________________________________

Ahsoka and Anakin arrived to find the mess hall generally empty. The master and padawan naturally preferred sleeping in so by the time they got to the mess the big breakfast rush had already gone. Ahsoka used to be disappointed to find it so empty. Whenever she was at the temple the mess was the best place to run into friends, jedi and clones a-like. However, after her latest incident in the mess hall Ahsoka felt a little relieved to see so many unoccupied tables.

The two Jedi made their way to the food line and filled their trays, or at least Anakin did. Ahsoka made sure to get enough food so as not to worry Anakin but not too much that she couldn't throw out a majority when he wasn't looking. Once Anakin decided his tray could no longer support any more added weight he grabbed some cutlery and made a B-line for their usual table in the far corner.