Chapter 34

Make sure to read the others note at the end!!!

As always, thank you so much for the support and i love you all xxx

Life is hard and I feel very alone most of the time but you guys keep me going and help me to get through things and I owe you all my life x

.

.

Chapter 34 

.

I know as soon as I wake up that it's far too early and I should go back to sleep, but for some reason, I can't.

I slowly open my eyes, blinking away the fuzziness before I turn and glare at the person beside me who is snoring so loudly in my ear that it's hard to even hear my own thoughts.

Tom.

I roll my eyes at his scrunched up face as I watch drool slip from his lips and I quickly cover my mouth with my hand, trying not to laugh at the sight before me.

A sleeping angel.

I roll over to my other side and want to groan when I see Kristie passed out too, her face scrunched up in the exact same way and the same noise echoing from her.

So much for more sleep.

I shake my head at the two of them while I carefully sit up, making sure not to wake them as I shuffle my way to the end of the bed, grateful that the bed was big enough for me to manoeuvre an escape and in a few seconds I'm standing back on the wooden floor, my legs a little shaky from the process.

After fixing the blanket over the two of them again and making sure they've both got water on either side of the bed I walk over to the door, careful not to make a sound. 

I was still in a bit of shock at how gorgeous the house was, and the room we were in too; it was a gorgeous plum colour, with dark grey bedding that had swirls of colour over it that made it look like a tropical ocean and the dark wood around us brought it all together as if it had been designed by an interior home magazine. Plus, it was big  – big enough, in fact, to have probably fit about ten more people in it but it had just been us three and I hadn't heard anything else in the house before I fell asleep.

Which worried me.

Didn't they come back?

I tiptoe out the bedroom door, slowly closing it behind me and when I'm standing in the foyer I listen for the sound of other people but there's nothing.

It's silent.

Deciding to go somewhere that I know in my attempts to not get lost, I follow the hallway back to the main part of the building. On my way, I can't help but notice all the pictures and paintings on the walls, there's not much lighting but I can make out most things and they're all so beautiful. 

The one that really catches my attention is a large painting of a wolf, but as I look closer I realise that the wolf itself is made up of other wolves like a mosaic, a very big one at that – it stands way taller than me and I'm sure that if I stretched my arms out I wouldn't be able to touch both sides.

It was a masterpiece.

The wolf itself was strange. It wasn't that it looked strange or was abnormal, but it felt strange. Like it was alive. When I look at it the eyes don't seem flat they almost seem like they're glowing.

I was most definitely still half asleep.

I rub my eyes and scoff at myself before I continue to the kitchen, rolling my eyes at m nervous laughter.