Chapter 31 - The Blade

Alonso still had trouble to breathe.

No matter how much he massaged his neck, each breath he took was raspy and scratched his throat. But he didn't have time to recover.

The Worshiper was clutching the wound on his side, staring the noble with rage. "How dare you hurt me, you filthy scum! I'm a vessel of the True God!"

With bloodshot yellow eyes, he charged against the lord.

Still massaging his neck and coughing, Alonso swung the sword.

The man let out a maniac laugh as the blade came closer to him. "It was luck before, but that sword can't hurt a vessel of the True God!"

When the weapon touched him, he was thrown to the side.

I can cut him, Tetsuko thought, sensing the warm sensation of blood on her edge. But it's as before. A shallow cut... I won't be able to slice him in half... not like this.

The man raised his arm. It was bleeding where the sword had touched him.

"You hurt me again! This body belongs to the true God! Scum like you who bow to a farce shouldn't dare touch me!"

Alonso said nothing. He couldn't. His throat still hadn't recovered. The marks of the fingers were still that tried to squeeze the life out of him were still there.

That man shouldn't have the strength to leave something like that... it's that mark on his chest... it's giving him strength...

Tetsuko made her energy circle in her metal body.

Alonso, that demon mark is making him stronger. It's thanks to that he can survive my edge, she projected her energy towards her wielder.

The noble coughed and eyed her with suspicion.

It's not the time for this! You need to kill him!

The Worshiper charged again with a bestial scream.

Alonso took the hand from his neck and placed it on the hilt.

Tetsuko could feel the strength as her wielder swung her with everything he had.

This time the man raised the arm to block.

Even with the soul in the sword flowing her energy to sharpen her edge, it wasn't enough to cut the man in two pieces.

He can control his energy too, she realized, astonished.

The Worshiper flashed a wild smile as he punched the noble.

Alonso dodged and brought Tetsuko down, aiming at the enemy's shoulder.

Once again her blade didn't hurt the man.

That energy coming from the mark... it's unrefined and wild, but it can block me...

Tetsuko didn't have blood flowing inside her. She had a cold metal body. But what she felt was the same as if her blood was boiling. I'll defeat and devour that energy!

Instead of only making the flow circle faster, Tetsuko thinned and concentrated along her edge.

At the same time, the man kicked.

Alonso couldn't dodge, grunting and losing his breath as the foot connected with his stomach.

Even so, he withstood and refused to fall. As the worshiper became surprised, the noble didn't waste the chance and stabbed the man.