Chapter 46 - The Grand Priest part 4

Despite the pain throughout his body, Alonso ignored it. He had to. There was no room for pain at the moment. Or he would die.

Instead, he had to use every bit of concentration he possessed to receive and react to Tetsuko's shared senses and stay alive. The moment the soul in the sword felt the demonic arm coming towards them, the swordsman jumped out of the way.

However, even if they escaped the direct blow, the debris from the impact flew everywhere, and Alonso had no way of defending that.

Even when there was an opened, it made no difference if the swordsman attacked or not; the black and red leathery fur was hard as metal, and enough to stop the sword's sharpened blade.

I need to become sharper, Tetsuko thought. Just like her wielder, she was ignoring the pain in order to fight. I don't want to rust inside this mine until someone finds me. If that monster doesn't destroy me, that is.

However, even if Tetsuko tried to sharp her edge even more, she couldn't. Not with half of her focusing on sharing her senses with Alonso. It's the only way for him to fight in this complete darkness...

But if I don't do something, he'll die anyway...

Alonso rolled on the ground to avoid being crushed by the demonic arm. His wounded and unprotected arm hit a sharp stone. Tetsuko felt part of the pain. It was enough to make anyone scream. Even so, the swordsman gritted his teeth and stabbed the sword at the worshiper.

It was the same as the edge; the tip barely pierced the skin.

Shit! It's much harder than the solidified energy claw the high priests had!

Alonso realized it was useless. When he dodged the next attack, he didn't swing Tetsuko at the demonic arm. Instead, he shortened the distance, aiming at the worshiper and the rest of her human body.

The Grand priest leapt back before the blade touched her.

Even after using most of the energy to make that arm, she still fast enough to dodge my wielder. What a monster... And she's pouring more energy into that monstrosity...

What is she planning...?

Whatever it was, Tetsuko had a bad feeling.

Even without saying anything, Alonso put some distance between them and the Grand priest.

With a deafening and inhuman screech from the woman, the arm that was too big and could stretch grew smaller until it was the size of a human.

It was still the demonic arm, with the black and red leathery fur. It still had the same energy as the demon's mark on their chest, evil, ancient, and deep.

The Grand priest closed and opened the fist, testing it. Then she picked up a stone.

Duck!

Alonso obeyed the instant the worshiper threw it at them.

The stone flew past above his head and smashed on the wall on the other side of the atrium. It buried itself deep before becoming dust.

That will crush your bones, Tetsuko projected to her wielder.

"Thanks for the warning," he whispered, not taking his eyes from the worshiper's direction.

If I could sense the stone like I can sense her...

Even with Tetsuko's help, Alonso had trouble dodging. When he couldn't, he listened to her and swung the sword to save his life.

Shit... If I could only slice that demonic arm like these stones... But at this rate...