Chapter 79

Even if he had lost his reasoning, the worshiper showed a reaction. However, instead of mad, the man looked devastated.

"How could you kill a vessel of the True Gods?" he said, his eyes returning to normal for a moment. When he let out a deafening, almost animal-like scream, they became black and yellow again.

The next instant, he came rushing at the swordswoman with amazing speed.

Faela prepared her defenses, but when he swung the arm at her, Tetsuko's enhanced edge made no difference; she was thrown in the air, rolling as she landed to lessen the impact. She stood up right away, but he wasn't coming after her.

He knelt next to his dead companion, closing the eyes on the severed head. "You offered your life for the Truth. The Gods won't forget," he prayed.

With tears rolling down his eyes, he used his claws to chop his left leg. Without showing any pain, he cut the woman's monster limb and attached it to him.

Though Faela couldn't sense, Tetsuko could. Even if the woman worshiper was dead, the ancient Celeste was still flowing inside the limb. And when he placed it on the wound on his hips, it healed it. With a screamed that sounded too demonic, the monster leg looked as if it belonged to him.

"Crap," Faela muttered.

Crap, Tetsuko thought.

The worshiper was more monster than human now. With one arm and one leg transformed, he couldn't stand on his two feet and had to stay on all fours like an animal.

Then, just like his companion, he kicked the ground and came flying at Faela faster than an arrow. However, unlike the woman, who could only go in a straight line, when the swordswoman dodged, he used his claws on the ground to stop his momentum and kicked Faela on the back.

If not for her reflexes and Tetsuko, she would have a few broken bones, if not worse.

"Damn it," she muttered, almost losing her consciousness. Even so, she still stood up. "With two limbs like that, he's worse to deal with than two separated worshipers."

Tetsuko realized it wasn't just her wielder complaining. She's past her limit. With all the fights, she won't last long. Actually, it's amazing she is still standing so far. But there's no way she can fight the last worshiper. She needs to last until the soldiers get here. I don't know what they can do, but their weapons and shields might be useful against this monster.

The worshiper kicked the ground again and came flying at her with terrifying speed.

Faela barely dodged in time. When the worshiper dug his claw against the ground to stop and twist his body in her direction, she dropped to the ground, escaping the next kick.

However, when he was passing above her, he brought his huge monster foot down.

Faela blocked it with her swords, but the force was immense. She screamed and managed to withstand, redirecting to the side. Before he could attack her again, she put some distance between them.

You need to jump to the opposite arm. Go to the normal one. Even if he can twist like that, you'll have more time to dodge.

"Easier said... than done," Faela panted, one eye already closed.

She can't fight anymore. She's way past her limit, Tetsuko realized. Damn it. If she dies here, I'm screwed. I can't let that happen.

But what can I do?

All I can do is get sharper...

Then the soul in the sword remembered. There was something she could do. Something she had done before.