Ch.18• King Of The Vale

**introducing a new character which is..Arthur and Gwen's son! Yes, a new Pendragon! I updated the character list so you can check that out ^_^**

Also!! Here are a few outfits Morganne usually wears :) they are kinda fancy tbh. She also wears the same type of clothing Morgana wears.

 She also wears the same type of clothing Morgana wears

Anywaysss back to the story

Morganne's P.O.V:

I had convinced my mother to let us go on a trip to the Vale (which was where I grew up for 15 years before my mother had found me). King James (A/N sry if you don't like the name or if you think it's not medieval enough. I tried searching up names but there weren't many choices) was the man whom adopted me. He treated me as if I were his own daughter. He told me that he found me near the woods which separated the Vale from Camelot. Since then, I hadn't heard from him. I'm so glad mother found me because if she didn't, who knows where I could've been by now? "Come on Morganne" I could hear my mom tell me from downstairs. "Coming!" I yell loud enough for her to hear me. "You ready?" Mother asked me as I walked down the stairs "I guess so" I said.

It had been a few hours or so since we left. The Vale wasn't that far away as were other places we had to travel to. "Morganne you seem quiet my love, what's troubling you?" Mother asked me. "Oh it's..nothing really" I replied, but it didn't seem that mother bought my excuse. She gave me the "Really? Tell me what's going on" kind of look. She waited for me to give her an answer. "Its just..I haven't seen King James in a long while. He said he'd find me after the attack but it'd been months already" "He might have forgot or sent out search parties but couldn't find you. We might come across once anytime soon because we are in his kingdom now" she said. Eila didn't come with us, as it was a personal kind of thing. An arrow flew past my mother which stuck on the tree. She looked back and said "James' men found us" Our hoods were on so they couldn't tell I was here. We sped away from the knights there, just to meet up with a few others. We stopped out horses infront of them, showing we didn't come to harm and jumped off of them. "Declare yourselves" one of them said pointing the sharp end of their blade at my mother's back. I hate when people to that to my mother. I pulled down my hood, looking up from the ground and at the knights. "M-m'lady.." "I suggest you put that sword back where it came from or things will not look pretty" "Y-yes m'lady" one of them said while the other began yelling "We found the lady Morganne" they took us into the castle, with two gaurds on each side of my mother holding her arms so she wouldn't escape. "Can you..be more careful? If you don't want to then that's fine, I'll just have your head" I asked the gaurd, annoyed. I walked in seeing the king on his throne with his hand on his forehead. "My lord, we have-" a gaurd said but then was cut off by the king saying "Didn't I tell you? No one is to enter!" He yelled in anger. "Are you sure about that?" I said. Mother was still being held by gaurds beside me. The king quickly raised his head, eyes widening and his mouth was slightly hanging open. Then he stood up and ran up to me saying "Morganne!" I also ran up to him. He was hugging me tightly, but I just did a regular not so tight but not so loose hug. I didn't know what to think. What would happen now? I found my real parent- my mother. What would happen to James? "I've missed you so much. Everyday I would send out search parties, looking for you. Where have you been? Are you okay? I'm so sorry about the attack" He said."I'm fine a-and" That's when he noticed mother in the background, I then saw sorrow with a mix of disgust in his eyes. It was probably because he knew her past. "Ah, Morgana Pendragon. A very strong and powerful sorceress I believe? You found eachother" "She found me the day of the attack" I said happily. "Could you let her go? There's no need for gaurds holding her" he looked at me, then at my mother. "If she does anything-" "I swear she won't do anything, just please let her go. She's my mother" James nodded to the gaurds as they let go of my mother. I saw the anger and jelousy in her eyes. "The both of you should stay for supper, then tomorrow I guess...you can go"

* * *

"So, Morgana, I've heard some rumours about you in the past. Why? You used to be the kind-hearted young lady Camelot knew. What happened?" I heard James ask my mother. It was after dinner and I had gone to my old room where my mother and I are going to stay for the night. The king and my mother where right out the doors of my room taking, as I listened to their conversation. For a fact, I knew mother didn't like to be asked that question. "The day I met Morgause, she told me everything- the truth about myself, who I really am. Uther had lied to me all these years. Without her, I would've known nothing. Arthur does not deserve the throne of Camelot, I do. I'm the rightful heir, not him" Mother sounded harsh when she told the king this. "Well..Morgana, let me ask you this" James began. "You've been blessed with your daughter, Morganne, we both don't want her getting in trouble or getting hurt. But there are some who say that you use her for help. You know that she's the key to your problems, people think that you don't care about her and that you only need her because of her magic and strength- to get to the throne." I could imagine mother's face right now. She must be very angry. But that wasn't true, was it? I don't think it is. I know how much mother cares for me, she wouldn't do such a thing. "If it doesn't come from me, don't believe it. Morganne is my daughter and we only have eachother. I would never use her for my own sake" Mother said sharply. "You are Morgana Pendragon, you betrayed your friends and Camelot. You wore a mask around the people of Camelot for 2 years. If you could've been under cover for such a long time, imagine what you could be doing to Morganne" "Do you really believe that!?" Mother yelled. I walked away from the door, and sat on the long stool behind the screen. From here, I could still hear them talking. Mother would be use me, I know that. But what if there is some truth in the rumors? No. There's not. I don't believe any of it. I shouldn't. I put my face in my hands, trying to think. I never really thought of this before. Mother always put me before herself. I kept thinking until I heard the king say something, but I wasn't entirely sure if it was exactly what he said. "The people 'know' how you are. Some people say it IS true that you use Morganne. You always bring her everywhere you go, on your expeditions and when your hunting down people. You need her for your own sake, they say. But I don't know what to believe. I want her to be safe. And I will truly miss her when she leaves with you" "Only fools will believe the rumors" After mother said that, I heard her heels in the room followed by the sound of someone locking a door. It is night and the candles are out, so I don't think mother saw I wasn't in bed. She'll find out soon enough. I saw her walking around the room through the screen I was hiding behind. She looked worried, we'll that's not surprising actually. I backed away from behind the screen with my back against the wall, and I sat there. A few minutes passed when mother left the room, she was probably searching the halls. What should I do? What if she's also using me because of what I can do? That can't be true..I know it can't. I can just be easily persuaded. I'm so confused right now.