Universe (Ross)

"It seems like only yesterday that Ross was leaving and now he's finally coming back, Rachel, he's coming back!"

Monica joined Rachel in laughing gently at your actions and diction.

"I'm happy that you're happy but he's Ross, that's all he is." Rachel told you.

"Maybe to you, but to me," You began, staring off into the room. "To me, he's the guy who's stolen my heart. To me, he's the guy that's an amazing person and a really great friend."

Monica chuckled. "I love that you're in love with my brother but don't get your hopes up."

Your eyes found hers. "Why not?"

She sighed. "It's not in my place to tell."

You nodded. "Okay, well, I best get going then."

Rachel stood up. "Oh, honey, I'm sure everything will be okay. You don't have to leave."

You glanced towards the door. "No, it's time for me to go see Ross at the airport. His plane is about to land."

She nodded. "Oh. Of course."

-
You bit your lip in anticipation, nerves racking your brain as you watched every passenger get off the plane.

Then, Ross.

You smiled a little, catching his attention as he walked over to you. His embrace was very gentle and seemed like it was brief and invisible.

Something was up.

"Hey, ____. Where's everybody else?"

You shuffled your feet. "They're, uh, at Monica's. Everyone is waiting for you. I came to pick you up."

He nodded. "Oh, okay. Well, let's go then."

-
Walking up to Monica's apartment, you wiped the tears from your eyes as Ross entered in front of you.

"Hey, guys!" He exclaimed happily as you stayed outside of the apartment for a while. Tears were running down your cheeks.

How was he so okay with this?

"So, how was the trip?" Phoebe asked him.

You tried to shut out the sounds of Ross' talking but it seemed hard to resist. Your tears were coming in consistent flows now as you tried to quit it.

"Oh my god."

Your watery eyes looked up from the ground to meet Chandler's eyes.

"Don't worry about me. I just, uh, cut my hand on some paper." You lied, wiping your tears with the back of your hand.

"No, you're clearly upset about something."

You nodded. "Ross, he, uh, he broke up with me, so."

Chandler looked astonished. "He broke up with you? For someone else or for himself?"

"For Rachel."

Tears collected back up in your eyes as you tried to blink them back but instead blinked them out into existence.

"Are you okay?"

"No, but I have no choice but to deal with it."

Chandler shook his head, collecting you in his arms as you held back tightly onto him.

"Why did this have to happen to me? Ross and I have been dating for three years and then he quits it all for one person who doesn't even like him back in the first place."

Chandler shrugged.

"Things happen for a reason, ____."

You nodded, still holding onto him.

"The universe is strange like that. At least, that's what Phoebe would tell me."

Chandler chuckled.

"Yeah, that's what she would say."

You sighed.

"Thanks for this, Chandler. Really. I needed this a lot."

He smiled, letting go to see you smiling up at him as well. "Of course."

-
treat people with kindness.

-katherine