loving you instead |part seven| (chandler)

you scrambled to your feet, grabbing chandler's shirt that he had tossed off earlier in the heated makeout session the two of you were engaging in. you didn't realize it was even his because of you trying to rush him into a closet nearby.

"stay in there," you told him, shutting the door. "be completely quiet. this will be over soon."

you turned around, putting your hair up to make sure you didn't look crazy, and then proceeded to open the door to see joey there, a sad look spread across his face.

"hey," he said, immediately pulling you in a hug. he pulled away, letting out a sigh as he held onto your hands. "____, i just wanted to- is that chandler's shirt?"

your cheeks got bright red as you realized you had officially messed up. you knew that even if you tried to deny it, the secret was out now- how was it not going to be after this incident?

your worried eyes looked down at the shirt clinging to your skin.

"uh, yeah," you muttered. "he let me borrow it for one of the auditions i had to do."

you mentally face palmed yourself with the dumb excuse but hoped that he would look past it.

"_____," joey muttered, letting his hands slip from yours as your face grew redder and redder. finally, you let out a sigh.

"fine!" you exclaimed.

joey's eyes grew wide.

"you aren't-" he began but you cut him off.

"i am! i am, joey! i'm sorry! i don't know what to tell you! i just," you stopped, trying to catch your breath. "i just have such strong feelings towards him and i-"

"so, you didn't just break up with me but you decided to cheat on me?" he said, his voice now raised but you could clearly hear the hurt that was laced through his words.

you ran a hand through your hair, taking it down from the ponytail.

"joey, you know i never meant to hurt you. you know how i've never wanted anything but the best-"

"then why the hell would you cheat on me with my best friend!" he exclaimed. "why would you do that to me, _____? i think you're only in this for the-"

"don't even dare," you said, your tone harder than a rock. you were so angry and fed up but he was right. it was your fault.

"is he here now?" joey muttered.

you bit your lip, looking down.

"he is, isn't he," joey let out a dark laugh. "so you were just fucking my best friend behind my back then."

your teary eyes looked up at joey as you saw him look off to the side, the tears clearly being visible.

"we're done, ____. i don't ever want to see you again."

with those last words, he left as you continued to stand there at the door. joey had really just ended it with you.

so simply.

you shut the door softly, going over to the couch and sitting down. you felt so broken, but why? you had chandler now, didn't you?

you felt horrible.

you were a horrible person.

you began crying to yourself, feeling the couch dip underneath chandler's weight.

"i'm going to go, _____. you clearly need time alone right now-"

you shoved yourself into his arms, holding tightly onto him as you tried to calm the crying and all the tears spilling from your body.

"i can't believe i just did that. i can't believe i just let him know," you told him, your arms wrapped around him tightly.

chandler held back onto you, keeping his voice low.

"____, he was going to find out eventually. either we would've slipped up more or he would've figured it out."

you looked at him, your eyes wet with tears.

"how are you going to go home?"

he sighed, looking at you before pressing a soft kiss to your forehead and pulling you back in his hold.

truth be told, he was worried about his confrontation with joey.

but for now, he needed to help you out.

he had to.

-
when chandler arrived back at their shared apartment, he walked inside to see joey sitting on one of the chairs.

there were bottles everywhere.

"hey man," chandler spoke up. joey slowly spun around in the chair as he made eye contact with him, a half empty beer bottle in his hand.

chandler let out a sigh.

"i can't even-"

joey stopped him.

"chandler, i'm not mad at you. i'm mad at her. this is her fault. she seriously just cheated on me like it was so easy. i was worth nothing to her and all she wanted was you."

chandler shook his head.

"no, joe," he said. "it's both our faults. i kissed her."

"she kept it going," joey said.

"joey, we both did," chandler continued to try and take some of the blame off of you but nothing was seeming to work out. "it's not all her fault."

"i loved her."

that silenced both of them. joey never truly loved someone as much as he had loved you. this hit them both hard.

"get some sleep, joey," chandler patted his shoulder. "stop drinking, and i'll see you tomorrow."

he nodded, getting up and going to his room where he shut the door with a hard slam.

he was so hurt.

how could you have done this to him?

-
check out the other chapters in this series in ThunderAndRain 's book!!

part eight coming soon ;))

treat people with kindness.

K.