your presence (chandler)

"it just doesn't feel like we're breaking up," chandler said to joanna as she frowned down at him. she just continued to kiss him as he tried to pull away.

"joanna, we're done," he told her a little more stern this time. "for real, we're through."

she got up from his lap and crossed her arms.

"is this because of that slut _____?"

he stood up immediately and pointed a harsh finger at her, a deep frown on his lips as he grew protective.

"do not call her that. we're done, joanna. goodbye," he said, grabbing his pants and walking out the door where he passed rachel.

"do you know where ____ is?" he asked.

she nodded. "yeah, at monica's. why?"

he smiled to himself. "no reason."

-
when he arrived at monica's, he walked in to see you balancing oreos on your nose as phoebe and joey counted down.

"17!" joey yelled.

"18!" phoebe said.

"19!" joey exclaimed.

"20!" phoebe and joey both said in unison as you took them off your nose with a slight chuckle.

when you saw chandler, you smiled.

"hey, buddy boy," you told him while walking over to the fridge to grab a drink. he couldn't help but feel his heart rate speed up.

"____, can i talk to you on the balcony?"

you nodded, putting down your drink as he followed you out there. phoebe and joey eagerly ran to where they could somewhat hear you talking if they needed too.

"what's up?" you asked him.

"____, i'm scared of commitment. i'm scared of what it can do to a person. but something's so different with you," he said.

you cocked your head. "what is it?"

"____, i can't get you out of my head. i try to go on dates but it doesn't work, i try to focus my attention towards talking joey through his problems but it doesn't work, i try so much and nothing works," he said.

you smiled up at him.

"____, truth be told," he said, taking a sigh before continuing. "i'm in love with you, ____ ______."

you smiled to yourself, biting your lip slightly as you looked down before looking back up at him. you nodded.

"i love you too, chandler," you said to him as you wrapped your arms around his neck, holding him close to you.

he enjoyed the feeling of how little your body felt in his arms. he enjoyed the feeling of just being able to smell your vanilla perfume over the musty smell of the outdoors.

he enjoyed being in your presence.

"so, you will go out with me?"

you nodded in the crook of his neck.

"of course i will."

-
treat people with kindness.

K.