ONE

—𝙎𝙃𝙀'𝙎 𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆

❛❛ 𝙎𝙃𝙄𝙏. ❜❜

~ ☂︎︎ ~

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙎 𝘽𝙇𝙄𝙉𝘿𝙀𝘿 my eyes as I slowly rose from my bed. I noticed I had wires connected to my arms, and I quickly pulled them off. I looked at my hands. Ok, looking alright. Shouldn't have been out long. I walked down the stairs, noticing the layers of dust on multiple objects. Ok, maybe a little bit longer than what I thought.

Voices snapped me out of my thoughts as I walked into the living room. Five adults sat, or stood, in the room. The man in the grey skirt was the first to notice me. "Oh no, is little (Y/N) dead?" he asked, looking in my direction. Everyone turned their heads to look at me. "No, it's not just you Klaus," the man clad in leather said. "Um, do I know you?" I asked, cautiously walking up to them, ready to attack with my powers. "Oh my gosh, it really is her," the woman with curls exclaimed.

"Could you please explain why you're in my house? Or else I'm going to have to kick you out," I said, drawing some shadows in preparation. "Woah woah woah," another woman in a button shirt said. "(Y/N), it's me, Vanya." I studied the woman carefully. "Vanya?" I looked around at the five adults circling the room. "Luther," I said, gesturing to the tall man. "Diego," I pointed at the man clad in leather. "Allison." The woman with curls nodded her head. "Klaus," I said, giving him a wide smile. His smile was just as big. "Nice skirt."

"Yes, it's very breathy on the, bits." I gave a chuckle. "Hey, where's Ben?" Everyone's expression turned solemn. "Look, (Y/N). Ben, he uh, he not with us anymore," Luther explained. My eyes widened. "How long was I out?" I asked, not wanting to hear what happened to Ben. "Seventeen years," Diego said. My eyes widened further. "Seventeen years?! What happened?"

"A lot of things, little Number Eight. For one, while in your coma, we discovered you stopped aging. No other big events. Ya know, besides Ben dying, Luther being sent to the moon, Allison becoming super famous, Diego becoming Batman, Vanya becoming a writer, and me becoming more high."

I stared at Klaus. "So I missed a lot?"

"Yeah, maybe just a little bit."

"So, um, where's Reginald?" I asked, scanning the room for a grumpy, old, disapproving face.

"You mean Dad," Luther interjected. I stared at him. This idiot is seriously still playing "teacher's pet."

"Excuse me, no. He never was, and never will be, our father. Now, what happened."

"He died of a heart attack."

"He was murdered."

Both Diego and Luther spoke at the same time. "Ok, what?" I asked. Luther began to explain. "Dad didn't have his monocle when he died," Luther started. "So?" I asked. "When was the last time you saw that man without his monocle?"

"How am I supposed to know, I've been out for seventeen years, dumbass."

Luther sighed, and glared at me. I smiled. "So, the person who killed him must have had something personal with him." Where is this leading? "What are you talking about?" Allison asked. "I know," Diego said, stepping forward. "He thinks one of us did it." Surprised gasps were heard around the room. "Is that true?" I asked. "Well, I uh, really....."

"So you do!" Allison exclaimed. Vanya and Diego walked out of the room, unable to deal with Luther. Klaus picked up a jar. "I'm going to go murder mom now." Allison was the last to leave. "Allison, I-"

But she had already left the room. "So um, we're ignoring the fact that I just woke up from a seventeen year coma? No explanation for that?"

Luther looked down at me, motioning for me to leave. "Ok then, fine fine, whatever. Klaus gave me enough of a catch up." I walked up the stairs and headed towards my room. It looked exactly like I had left it. I looked in the closet to find some clean clothes, only to discover there were only uniforms. I sighed before changing into one. I had finished changing when I heard a song playing.

Children behave

that's what they say when we're together

Was that, Tiffany, I heard? This is, or I guess was, our favorite song. I closed the door and made sure no one was around before I started dancing.

I think we're alone now

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now

The beating of our hearts is the only sound

I jumped around my room, moving my shoulders and swaying my hips to the beat. I continued dancing until a crash was heard outside.

We all walked to the back to see what the noise was. "What is that?" Vanna shouts over the loud noise. "Don't get too close!" Allison warns. "Yeah no shit!" Diego says looking at the mysterious blue circle in the sky.

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly, either that or a miniature black hole!" Luther said, analyzing the situation. "There's a pretty big difference there Paul Bunyan!" Diego shouts.

"Everyone behind me!" Luther shouted.

Diego looked over at him. "Yeah! Everyone behind us!" Klaus came running out with a fire extinguisher. He tested it before shouting "Out of the way!" And he threw it into the portal. "What's that gonna do?" Allison shouted over the noise. "I don't know, you have a better idea?"

Someone could be seen trying to go through the portal. It looked like, an old man? They warped and shifted, and finally pulled through, landing on the ground. "Does anyone else see little Number Five or is it just me?" Five. I watched as he looked at his hands in disbelief. "Shit."

—𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀!
Hello, second chapter
of the day. I literally
have nothing else to do.
-AJ

QOTD: What are your favorite songs from The Umbrella Academy soundtrack?

AOTD: Run Boy Run by Woodkid, Kill of the Night by Gin Wigmore, Istanbul by They Might Be Giants, Mad About You by Hooverphonics, or Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. (I know most of these were Five scenes, but hey, they gave him all of the good songs.)