EIGHTEEN

—𝙂𝙃𝙊𝙎𝙏𝙔 𝘽𝙊𝙄!

❛❛ 𝙎𝙊. 𝙃𝘼𝙎 𝙈𝙔 𝙎𝙃𝙄𝙋 𝙎𝘼𝙄𝙇𝙀𝘿? ❜❜

~  ☂︎︎  ~

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙐𝙉 𝙃𝘼𝘿 just set as we drove through the forest. I enjoyed having a chance to just sit, looking out at the eerie darkness, the leaves and branches swaying in the wind. A million thoughts raced through my head, and though it seemed like a nice drive, Allison and I were both quietly freaking out, worried for Vanya.

"Hello."

I jumped, and turned to the back seat. There sat Ben, a problem the author had neglected for a while. "You alright?" Allison asked. "No, I never am, but ignore me if it seems like I'm talking to nothing." Allison was still worried about Vanya, her daughter, and practically everyone in this family. Me having extra problems wasn't going to phase her right now, she just kept driving. I unbuckled my seat belt and climbed into the back seat. Allison only looked over once when I had accidentally kicked her arm.

I plopped in the backseat. "So," I said, a blank stare on my face. I was trying to remain calm, even though my dead brother had just appeared in the back of my car. Ben gave me a look. "So? So?! You can see me? How are we not addressing this problem? Have you talked to Klaus? Have you told anyone? Do you even know how this is happening? Seriously, how the f-"

"Shut up for a moment, would you? Look, I obviously don't know what the fuck is happening with me. Maybe I got an extra power or some shit, but don't try and make me explain what's happening. Don't try asking Klaus either, he obviously won't know how, and I haven't even told him. Also, don't bombard me with questions. I'm a 13 year-old kid who found out she was in a coma for 16 years, who then found she didn't age, then was told the world was ending in a week, don't you think I'm stressed enough?"

I let out a heavy sigh. "You good?" Allison asked, barely glancing back. "Yeah, just ranting to a dead person." She nodded, and kept driving. Ben sighed. "Ok. Well, I guess you don't know what's happening either. Wanna catch up?" Even though I was stressed, I let him drop the topic. I nodded, leaning back in my seat.

"So. Has my ship sailed?"

"Your what now?" I gave Ben a confused look. "You know, my ship for you and Five? It's like, wanting two people to be in a relationship. Plus, Klaus told me Five likes you. And if Five hasn't told you, heh heh, woops." I sighed, face palming. "Yes he told me. And sure, your "ship has sailed." Ben let out a noise I assumed could only be heard by dogs. "Yes! Finally! I've seen you to eyeing each other since you were children." I went to wack his arm, but my hand phased right through him. "Ha ha, I'm a ghost, you can't touch me." I stuck out my tongue at him and leaned back in my seat. "I miss this, just sitting and talking." Ben nodded in agreement.

His form began to flicker. "Ben?" He gave me a small smile. "Don't worry, probably just Klaus," he replied. I smiled, and watched as he faded away. I climbed back into the front. "Dead person's gone?" Allison asked. I nodded, and turned my head back to the window.

As we drove deeper into the forest, the winds became stronger, and a tune slowly crept its way into my ears. I strained to hear it, the sound of a violin, echoing through the forest, the trees swaying in time. I recognized the tune, something Vanya enjoyed playing when she was younger. Whenever I had a chance to sneak away and watch her, this is what she played.

"What the fuck?" I muttered under my breath. We finally arrived at a house, where the music seemed to be coming from. Allison and I quickly ran out of the car and onto the porch. Soft violin music rang through my ears, the wind chimes and rocking chairs moving in time, like there was a force coming from the music that was causing them to move.

"Vanya, there you are. What's going on?" Allison asked, relieved to finally see her sister. Vanya lowered her bow, opening her eyes to see her two sisters standing before her. "What are the two of you doing here?" Vanya asked. Though the question was aimed more towards Allison. She scanned her up and down, but she gave me what seemed like a smile. "We came to find you, are you ok?" I approached with a little more caution than Allison. Something didn't seem right. The energy radiating off of Vanya was strong.

"There's something weird going on. What's causing it?" Allison asked.

I looked at Vanya again. Something seemed different. The way the chimes and trees swayed with the beat of the song. That didn't seem right. If it wasn't Harold Jenkins, then it was-

"Me," Vanya said, her voice filled with confidence. I smiled. I was so happy for Vanya. She grew up thinking she was an outsider, something bland and ordinary next to her siblings. Now, she had something special. Her eyes glanced over to me. She smiled back, but when she turned to Allison, her expression hardened. Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly, her mouth almost curving into a frown.

"What do you mean, me?" Allison asked in confusion.

"Oh my god lady. Do you not see? She-"

"I mean, I made those things happen," Vanya interrupted confidently. "With...my powers."

—𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀!
Ayyyyyyy wassup. Back to updating weekly-ish. Hope you enjoyed!
-AJ

QOTD: What's a song you've recently become obsessed with?

AOTD: You Need To Calm Down aka the gay anthem by a non gay person that I never knew I needed