TWENTY ONE

—𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙂𝘼𝙍𝙄𝙏𝘼𝙎!

❛❛ 𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝘼𝙈 𝙄 𝘼𝘿𝘿𝙄𝘾𝙏𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙊? ❜❜

~ ☂︎︎ ~

𝙌𝙐𝙄𝘾𝙆 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀!
*has not updated in 2 months* heh heh. just here to tell you guys that i changed the ending of the last chapter. might wanna reread it.
-AJ

"𝙄𝙏'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝙀𝙓𝘼𝘾𝙏𝙇𝙔 what I expected." The four of us stared at the cold, lifeless body of a dead Harold Jenkins.

"The understatement of the year," said Five.

"No sign of Vanya," Klaus pointed out.

I sighed, making my way to the door. "We better leave before the cops get here," I said, standing in the entrance.

"In a minute," Five interrupted, walking over to the body and pulling an object out of his pocket. I recognized as the eye he had been obsessing over these past few days.

"Didn't you get rid of that thing?" I asked, following him to the body.

"Shh," he shushed me. I scoffed, using my powers to wack him upside the head. He gave me a look, and I smirked back at him. Carefully, Five pulled back the bandage covering Jenkins' eye.

"Come on Five, what are you....."

Diego trailed off, watching Five fit the eyeball into the empty space on the dead body. I wretched a bit in disgust. Five examined the body a bit closer. "Same eye color, same pupil size. Guys, this is it. The eye I've been carrying around for decades, it-it's found its rightful home," Five said, almost a little giddy. He then proceeded to pull it back out and shove it into this pocket.

"We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse," Diego stated.

"Yay! Let's go!" Klaus said, heading towards the door.

"Wait a second, you come back," I said, grabbing Klaus's wrist, pulling back into the house.

"(Y/N) is right, it can't be this easy. Look, this is the note that I got from the Commission," said Five, pulling out a sheet of paper. "The one that says, 'Protect Harold Jenkins,' aka Leonard Peabody."

"Why would they want to protect him?" I questioned, grabbing the paper from Five. "I don't know," he replied. "But, who killed him? Who did this?"