NINETEEN

—𝙋𝙊𝙒𝙀𝙍𝙁𝙐𝙇!

❛❛ 𝙂𝙊𝘿 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝘿𝘼𝙈𝙈𝙄𝙏

❛❛ 𝙂𝙊𝘿 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝘿𝘼𝙈𝙈𝙄𝙏. ❜❜

~ ☂︎︎ ~

𝙄 𝙒𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃𝙀𝘿 𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙄𝙎𝙊𝙉'𝙎 eyes widen in surprise, her mouth making an O shape. I already knew Reginald was an A-grade asshole, but this is bad, even for him. He took any chance he had to make Vanya feel bad because she was "normal." Throughout the years, all he did was rub it in her face. Hiding her powers from her is even worse.

"It's incredible," Allison said, although, there was definitely a little bit of hesitation in her tone. I assumed she didn't want Vanya to go off her rocker. Vanya took notice of this, and looked to Allison with their eyebrows raised. "But?"

"C-Can we do this in the car?" Allison asked, her voice shaking.

"Why?"

I was watching Allison slowly dig herself deeper into the hole of hatred that Vanya had currently made for her. "You're not gonna want to hear it."

"That's never stopped you before." I've never heard Vanya sound so, spiteful. I felt as if I should intervene, but something else compelled me to shut up.

"Leonard Peabody? His real name is Harold Jenkins. Remember when I couldn't find anything in the library on Leonard? That's because Leonard Peabody doesn't exist. Harold Jenkins does. He was in prison for 12 years. He murdered his father when he was 13," Allison began.

"This is insane," Vanya muttered in disbelief. I mean, if I was in Vanya's state and found out my significant other was a murderer (which he is), I would have definitely freaked out. "His dad was an engineer," Allison continued. "I have the police report in the car, I can show you," she begged. I understood that Allison just wanted to keep Vanya safe, but I knew Vanya wouldn't believe her. Growing up, I'm pretty sure it looked like Allison hated her. How could Vanya trust her now?

Vanya's expression remained stoic, not wanting to believe anything Allison said.

"I don't-I don't understand."

I watched as Allison and Vanya continued to argue. My mind was still trying to process the fact that "Dad" probably knew Vanya had powers this whole entire time. He should have known this. He had several ways of monitoring us, and would constantly run tests to see if any new things had happened. I don't remember much of what happened before the age of 5, a little bit of my memory is muddled, but I've always ignored that fact until now. I don't know what exactly happened, but Reginald must have had some reason for not telling us or Vanya about her own powers.

"....I understand now." I was snapped out of my trance by the sound of Allison's realization. "When we were four, Dad told us you were sick. You had to be isolated. We were so young. None of us knew to question it." Allison gave Vanya a true look of sorrow. "But then he asked me to do something I never understood, until now. He made me an accomplice."