TWENTY TWO

—𝙄𝙏'𝙎 𝙑𝘼𝙉𝙔𝘼!

❛❛ 𝙄 𝘿𝙍𝘼𝙒 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙀 𝘼𝙏 𝘽𝙄𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂

❛❛ 𝙄 𝘿𝙍𝘼𝙒 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙀 𝘼𝙏 𝘽𝙄𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂. ❜❜

~  ☂︎︎  ~

"𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙃𝙀𝙇𝙇 are you doing here?"

Hazel had gotten up from the floor, and was now standing before me and Five. "I really, really, don't understand," I stated, taking a small step back from him. "Well, I can understand why you might feel that way, you know..."

"Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill our family, and kidnapped my brother," Five finished, referring to Klaus. I shook the image of Klaus walking down the hall, a broken look in his eyes, out of my head.

"Well, there's not much I can do about the past," began Hazel. "Don't forget I'm not the only killer in this room. You got your own bloody history, pal. Speaking of which, that job you did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary. Even you, (Y/N), I've heard, and now just seen what you can do. Can't believe I'm actually sitting here talking to you, after all-"

"Hazel, why are you here?" Five interrupted.

"Finally, that was dragging on for too long," I mumbled under my breath.

"Well, I'm, you know-" Hazel was once again cut off by Diego, who walked back into the room. He kicked him in the back, starting to beat him up. "Diego, stop!" I exclaimed. Diego didn't listen, continuing to repeatedly punch and kick Hazel. "You know, before you kill him, you might want to hear what he has to say," I said.

Diego still ignored me. "I'm going to kill you for what you did to Patch," he threatened, pulling out one of his various knives. Diego kept going, Hazel barely even trying to defend himself.

"Or don't. See how that goes," Five said, leaning back in his seat. I sighed, knowing Diego wouldn't stop, not with anything verbally. So, I took a seat next to Five. I looked back, and saw Diego stab Hazel in the thigh with a knife. Five and I inhaled sharply. "That's gotta hurt," Five said, staring sympathetically at Hazel's leg. "Should we intervene?" I asked, leaning against the table.

"I mean, maybe? Let's see how far this goes."
We continued to watch Diego punch and kick at Hazel, until we noticed Diego baring his teeth, moving towards him. Five put down his margarita down as we both stood up, him teleporting as I tossed him a vase. He caught it and smashed it against Diego's head. He fell to the ground, unconscious.

"I draw the line at biting."

"Hazel, whatever you came here to say, I suggest you make it quick, before he comes around," I suggested, gesturing to Diego. Five walked back to sit beside me, picking up his drink once again.

"I left my partner, quit the Commission, came to volunteer," Hazel said.

"For what, exactly?" I asked.