NINE

—𝙆𝙉𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙎!

❛❛ 𝙉𝙄𝘾𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝙔, 𝘼𝙎𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙇𝙀

❛❛ 𝙉𝙄𝘾𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝙔, 𝘼𝙎𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙇𝙀. ❜❜

~ ☂︎︎ ~

𝘿𝙄𝙀𝙂𝙊 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙇𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 brought us to some sort of boxing place and into a room in the back. "So this is the shit hole you live in?" Diego tried to lunge at me but Luther held him back. I heard him sigh and throw a knife instead. I didn't flinch as it nicked my ear and stuck to a nearby wall. "Nice try asshole," I said. "I know, I know. You could've killed me if you wanted to, but you know better than to do that," I completed, sauntering away, and going over to Five, who continued to throw up. I sighed, rubbing his back as the bile continued to rise from his mouth. I mentally gagged at the sight. Note to self: don't get drunk.

I sat down in a chair, taking in all of the posters and random objects. I noticed one poster, and snagged it from the wall. "You fight?" I asked, showing Diego the poster. "Yeah, and?"

"You were fighting the night he died."

"Oh goody, you and Luther have made the exact same observation," he said, rolling his eyes. I used my powers and smacked him upside the head. I looked over to Five to see he had fallen asleep. "If I didn't know he was such a prick, I'd say he's almost adorable when he sleeps," Diego says looking at Five. "Yeah, don't worry, he'll soon sober up and be back to his normal unpleasant self." Luther turned to me. "Hey, what did Five mean earlier by asking you to explain things?" Luther asked, slowly walking over. "Use your brain doofus, he means I can explain things," I replied, rolling my eyes at him, just as Diego has done before. "So, what can you tell us?"

I was about to respond, but was interrupted by a noise outside. Diego put a finger up to his lips and slowly crept up to the door. He opened the door quickly, holding his knife up. "If you throw another one of those goddamn knives at me I'm pressing charges!" I heard a voice yell from the other side of the door. A short man walked in as Diego pulled back his knife. "What do you want Hal?" The man dead off of a paper in his hand. "Some woman called for you," he said, looking at Diego. "Said she wanted to meet at that rundown motel. Her name was Splotch or something."

"Patch?" Diego asked worriedly. "Yeah yeah, something like that." Diego quickly asked for the address, and rushed out of the room, leaving me with Luther and a passed out Five. "So-"

"I'm not saying anything until Five is up."

~ ☂︎︎ ~

𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙐𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙔, 𝙇𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝘼𝙉𝘿 I decided that we could just wake Five up. Five and I explained what was coming. "When does this happen?" Luther asked us as I helped Five sit up. "Well, I don't have the exact hour, but from what I could gather, four days," Five says in a low voice.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Luther exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

"It wouldn't have changed anything."

"How? We could've worked this out together," Luther insisted. "For the record, you already tried," Five said, clearly tired of this conversation. "W-What do you mean?" Luther asked, concern lacing his voice, wondering what his fate was for the future. "I found you all, your bodies," Five said while looking at the floor. I put my arm around his shoulder, and he slightly leaned into my side. "We couldn't tell you, it was just too much," I explained.

"So we die?"

"Horribly. You were together trying to stop whoever ends the world."

I gave Five a look of sympathy, who just returned it with a sad smile. I leaned over to whisper to him.

"What did you mean by killing people earlier?" I asked. Five looked at me, clearly holding something back. "I don't want you to think I'm a monster," he said, looking down at his feet. I grabbed his hand in reassurance. "I will never think of you as a monster, Five." He gave me a smile. "As cute as this is, we need to talk about some things," Luther interrupted.

We continued to sit and talk about the eyeball situation. While Luther and Five were discussing something, I looked around the room. I saw Ben, standing in the corner of the room, playing with the ends of his jacket, watching us carefully. I acknowledged him with a little wave. His eyes widened once again, and he waved back. How? he mouthed at me. I gave him shrug. Our conversation was interrupted when Diego burst through the door, and walked right through Ben. "Piece of shit," Diego says, storming towards Five. I stood up, making sure Diego wouldn't kill Five. "Do you have any idea what you just did?" Luther got up to hold him back before he could reach us. Diego struggles against his grip before finally giving in. He points his finger at us, fire burning in his eyes.

"Our siblings have been very busy here since they've gotten back. They were in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at the Gimble Brother's. They were with the guys in the masks who attacked the academy. The guys are looking for the both of them."

Both of us? Why not just Five?

"None of which is any of your concern," Five says getting up and moving next to me.

"It is now, they just killed my friend."

"Who are they?" Luther asked. I looked at Five, wondering if he will finally explain.

"They work for my former employer."

—𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀!
*is currently dying because I have 1.4k reads* Tank q again so much for reading and voting! It means so much. *announcer voice* It's now time for SHAMELESS SELF PROMO!!! Don't forget to read my other books, my Newt Scamander and my rando book.
-AJ

P.S.

@Emily-Pottah If only I could like a comment

@Emily-Pottah If only I could like a comment. "A racist violin."

QOTD: Who is your favorite from the young cast?

AOTD: My friend is in love with Cameron, but I personally like Dante or Ethan.