60

Baekhyun, Suho and Irene were sat in front of the door the dreaded to go into. From the rumors they've heard so far, nothing good comes out of this place.

Especially Baekhyun who had experienced this before. He cursed at himself for getting into this kind of trouble once again.

"I'm so scared." Irene mumbled to Suho while fumbling with her fingers out of nervousness. He held her hand and tried his best to calm her down even though he, himself, was just as nervous.

Soon, they called the three in. The room was gloomy. The atmosphere was very scary, even scarier than the haunted house they went to on running man.

They stood in front of a huge desk with a scary-looking man sitting on it. "You're here again, huh, Baekhyun." The man said, not even bothering to spare a glance at them.

Baekhyun simply lowered his head in shame as soon as he heard the question. "And you, Junmyeon, what brings you here? I believe I didn't call you in." The man asked Suho, still not looking at them.

"I have a confession to make, sir." Suho bravely said, which shocked both Baekhyun and Irene. "Oh really? Go on." The man said, finally looking up, seeming like he was genuinely curious.

"Baekhyun has nothing to do with this." Suho bravely said, once again, which made the man scoff.

"I don't care if you're the one who's actually dating Irene, Baekhyun is the one who's caught." The man replied, glaring at the three of them.

"Why do you look shocked? I've been working here for years, I know what goes on around here." He said once again, silencing even the daring Suho.

"So what are you planning to do? Tell the world that you're dating? Deny the rumors? Ignore them? You tell me." The man asked, specifically at Irene.

"You. Answer me. You're the center of attention now." He said, aggressively pointing at Irene.

Irene kept quiet. Words were on the tip of her tongue but why couldn't she sy anything?

"We'll say that we're dating." Suho said, trying to catch the man's attention. "Oh really? You think I would let you do that?" The man scoffed, standing up and walking towards Suho.

"It's up to you sir but I just want to say that we're no longer kids and it's not like we just debuted, our dating bans have been lifted. We have the right to date." Suho explained.

The room was silent for a few seconds until the man finally chuckled, which shocked the three of them.

"You're right, I have no right to stop you from dating. But you do realize that you're a part of this company and i have the right to stop anything that could damage our image." The man snapped back.

That silenced Suho. He no longer could say anything. The man was right. He lowered his head and sighed deeply.

The room was once again, silent. Irene took a peek at Suho and the sight of him looking so sad and down broke her. She wanted to speak up but before words could spill out of her mouth, Baekhyun beat her to it.

"Sir I have to say that them dating will definitely not ruin SM's reputation. You have approved many relationships, why not theirs?" Baekhyun asked.

"I didn't say anything about disapproving their relationship." The man replied, "I just want to make sure you two are actually serious. Jongin and Jennie's case... we were criticized a lot for it, you know."

"We're serious... I promise." Suho quickly said, his eyes gleaming with hope.

The man sighed. "I'll publish the official statement tonight. Don't be shocked to see the mean comments. Especially you, Joohyun." The man said, pointing at Irene and she nodded vigorously.

"But don't think that this'll be let off easily. If anything happens to the company, we'll definitely do something." The man said, warning them not to mess things up.

a.n. IM SO SORRY FOR PUTTING IN THE JENNIE N KAI. IK ITS A SENSITIVE MATTER DONT KILL ME, I HATE DO DO THIS BUT I GOTTA MAKE THINGS ATLEAST SIMILAR TO THE REALITY :((

also, i sincerely apologize for not updating in forever. im having the biggest exams that will determine if i will graduate or not so yea