Chapter 8 | Mom!

Chapter 8 | Mom!

Pauline Cynthia Zunino's Point of View

Napuyat ako kagabi kaka-cellphone. I've been messaging Xav, Sara and Hera all night.

Ang sabi ni Mang Nel, may application daw na pwede gamitin para makita ko sila sa screen kaso wala daw kaming internet kaya ay hindi namin magagawa.

I almost face-palmed when I heard that; disappointed but not surprised on how humans have such old techs.

Xavier:

Sabi ko sa'yo, girls love me. Sara was pissed because the girls here kept on asking me for my number and dates.

Napailing ako sa nabasa ko. Seriously, Xavier will literally shut his arrogant mouth kapag kinuwento ko 'to kay Hera. He doesn't like Hera seeing nor even hearing how much of a playboy he is.

I sighed and was about to get up from the bed when I heard the phone gave off a loud ding! Kinuha ko iyon at napatitig sa name ng taong nag-message sa'kin.

Warner:

Good morning.

Oh shit.

I immediately typed Good morning, too. Why did you message me? But got the better of it and did not send it immediately.

Tinanggal ko ang tanong ko na bakit niya ako minessage bago paulit-ulit na binasa ang greeting ko sakanyang good morning at sinend iyon.

I heave a deep breath as I stare at the phone.

Why did he message me? Why? What does he want? Day off ko ngayon, hindi niya ko pwede utusan sa trabaho o ano.

Mukhang walang balak mag-reply si Warner kaagad kaya ay dinala ko na lang ang phone sa bathroom habang nagtu-toothbrush ako. Hindi ko mapigilan mapasulyap-sulyap sa phone habang nagtu-toothbrush at nagflo-floss.

That horrible man. How dare he message me and not reply afterwards? Dapat siguro ay hindi ko na lang siya nireplyan! Ugh. So annoying.

Ngayon ay naaalala ko na naman ang nangyari kahapon. Marielle doesn't want to leave the office until she explains her side to Warner so that horrible, horrible guy told me to call the guards on her.

Pinanood ko kung paano umalis si Marielle sa company na hiyang-hiya at parang naiiyak na.

I wanted to be mad at Warner and I did, I kind of burst out in front of him.

"Hindi mo na dapat pinatawag yung guards. Oh shit, did you look at her face? She's hurt!" I said, feeling panicky and not getting over what just happened and how Warner is stoic and doesn't even care!

Warner gazed at me. "She was about to slap you," he stated, as if that explanation was enough.

I shut my mouth, hoping that I'll understand.

Kahit gaano ka-two-faced at kasama ang babaeng iyon ay naaawa pa din ako sakanya. She was humiliated in front of the whole company, with guards escorting her outside! And all of that happened because she just wanted to protect the man she likes—or love, whatever.

"Lying in front of me, that I can handle, but she won't get away with trying to hurt my assistant." I can feel the anger rising in his voice.

Naalala ko na sinabi niya sa'kin noong isang beses na nag-lunch kami na ayaw niyang may nagdi-disrespect sa'kin dahil pakiramdam niya ay dini-disrespect din siya.

Pababa ako nang hagdan, iniisip pa din ang nangyari kahapon, nang may makita akong madaming duffel bags na nagkalat sa sala at sa couch.

My forehead knotted as I took the last three steps and almost fell down when I saw Hera trying to clean the messy duffel bags.