Scarlett

It's been six months since he left. My heart has a hole in it now, that can't be filled with anything or anyone but him. HE LEFT the two words always scare me to death. I don't know where he is, how he is, is he even okay?

All the questions are unanswered. There's no light anymore. My days and nights are filled with coldness. I wake up to drag my day with that fake smile just to cry silently at night.

At the first month, I refused to listen to anybody. I would go out and search for him at every possible place where he could be. The mansions where we had been together are now abandoned warehouses where only dark shadows lurk.

Melissa did her best to cheer me up, help me get through it. Nothing worked, she knows he means world to me and the only person except Daniel and herself that I connect.

Daniel was a different story. Daniel won't utter a word where he is, he would just give me his famous bear hug console me a little that whatever happened was for good. Mel even fought for me with Daniel so that he would tell me, tell us where he is. But to my bad luck he wouldn't.

I had quit from the library just to focus on my college. My bank account are so full that even the lady that works there has to double check when I got there to withdraw some cash.

It's all him, I found that my accounts are full, my loans are clear. I got a letter from him in the first month saying that I should stop searching for him and focus on my life, the accounts are for my well being and if I don't use them he will never come back.

The only thing that holds me together is that he said he would never come if I don't use the money, and if I did he would be back?

The classes at college are good enough to pass my time, I try to focus and learn as much as I can. Just so that when he comes I can tell him what I did with that money.

My friends are still limited, just mel and Daniel. At college people tried talking to me but when I didn't respond well, they leave me by myself. But I am never alone, there are two guys who would watch me every day every night. They change shifts the bald one will starts with me at the morning, following me to college and then waiting at the gate or in the car just to make sure I do come back outside.

The other one is a African guy, he would smile at me whenever we make eye contact. I know it's all his doing, to make sure I'm safe. I didn't know I was being followed, until one day when some thief tried to take my bag and I started to scream my lungs out just to see if he would come to save me. Instead came these two and just by their clothes the hard features of their face I know they are his guys.

I was so happy that day. I thought he might come to check if I'm ok or not, but he never came. I was sitting on my floor by the door to wait for him, but when my eyes open and I found myself at the same place, my heart shattered all over again.

After that I never raise my hope, just continue my life with whatever I have and to wait that one day he would come.