Scarlett

"Mam, we are here." The bald guy's voice came as he parked in front of my new house.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry I troubled you." I said and the man came to open the door for me.

"It's alright mam." he replied.

I made my way towards the doors, searching for keys in my bag. When I unlocked the door and turn to see that the man was still there.

"I didn't get your name." I shout at the man, He put his phone back inside his pocket, on which he was typing rapidly.
He straighten his posture first.

"I'm oliver, mam." he said with a little softer voice than before. I smiled at him and then lock my doors behind me. I want to invite him in and try to get some answers, anything about HIM. But I know he won't tell me a thing.

I sigh as my eyes took the sight of my new house. It's different from the one that I had brought for myself. This house is big, big enough to settle five people easily. All the rooms are locked except one, I did lock them only because they haunt me, making me realize how alone I am.

The hall in which I'm standing is itself is big enough that I can host parties, invite people, but there is no one to invite, only mel and Daniel would come here to check on me.

Sliding my boots off of my legs and reluctantly making my way to the kitchen, I throw my bag on the sofa and put my phone on the dinner table. The fridge is fully stocked, the african guy would come on every Friday morning to drop bags of groceries, veggies and other stuff. He would ring the bell and when I open the door for him, he would smile at me then made his way inside and put all those bags on the table and leave with another smile.

That's strange I know, but I'm used to it by now. So to not waste the guy's time and money I had started to eat properly. I would made different dishes and try something new every day and sit on the table to eat. All alone.

I've been trying to make my life as colorful as I can without him, but it's like my life itself doesn't want to move forward it's stuck right where he has left me.

As I pull out the ingredients to made myself some things to eat, my eyes caught slight movement at the kitchen window. When I got there and pulled the window open only see a small puppy staring at me with it's so vulnerable eyes. My heary melt just the sight of it.

Making my way towards the back door, I snatched a biscuit packet from the rack and open the door. Just as my feet landed on the backyard the puppy came bounding at my feet. His head rubbing onto my leg made me smile, finally something warm.

I bend over and smooth my hand onto his head and the little fluff ball started to making sound like groaning. Scared I pulled my hand back, but to my surprise my hand has little blood onto it. Eyes wide I stared at the puppy and then I notice he was so weak and covered mostly in mud.

Finally I pull the little guy in my arms and the sweet little puppy make a sigh which melt my heart for him all over again. As I made my way inside and put it onto the kitchen table, I found he sure does have some cuts onto his small body and his head has little blood but I can't see it properly because of its fur.

Deciding to myself that this guy needs help. I pull my jacket and boots on and took the puppy into my arms again and made my way outside. To my surprise the bald guy, oliver, was still in front of my house. When he saw me he came out and asked if I'm going somewhere.

"yeah I'm going to the hospital. This puppy is injured." I show him the fluff ball who was now fast asleep in my arms, but the look on his face showed that he was still in pain.

"oh okay. Come on I'll take you there." he said and without waiting for my reply went to open the back door of his car. I contemplate whether to go with him or not. As the sound of a groan again came from my arms I made my decision and climb into the car.

----------------------

So, the dog was not decided. But as I love dogs (specially golden retriever) I put it here.

Sorry for the short chapter but I had to study and thought why not I gave you guys something.

Until next time. Lots of love. ❤️