Chapter 13: Inner thoughts

Foreword: I felt bad for leaving such massive gaps between my posts, and you guys seem to be really enjoying my updates, so I've made a little extra chapter. Just clarifying where all the characters are at. Hope you like it. Shout out to KarmasEnemy and LunarEclipsePrincess. The comments are always appreciated.

Draco Malfoy had no idea what to think. Potter. The Golden boy. The lights saviour. He was abused. And from Uncle Severus assuming it was a death eater attack, it must have been bad. Now Draco didn't know a lot about abuse or the raids. He knew his parents sheltered him a lot. But he liked to think he was intelligent enough to understand at least one thing. He didn't really know Harry. Or Hadrian, as he was going by now. That didn't mean he liked him! But. He was willing to start anew if Hadrian was. And he supposed he could share his mother. Maybe.

Lucius Malfoy had never felt remorse before. Not like this. He had attacked and almost killed a magical child. An abused magical child. How dare those filthy muggles lay a hand on him. Perhaps it was time to reconsider his previous thoughts on the boy. He was close with Narcissa, and his Lord seemed... dare he say, fond? Of the boy? No matter which way he looked at this, it was beneficial to get on with the child. And he was especially interested in the boys royal heirship. Little was know of Vampires.

Severus had never been more emotional in his entire life, except perhaps when he called Lily a mudblood, or the night she died. He was confused, and angry and sad. He felt like had betrayed Lily in protecting her boy. He was angry about being, dare he say, wrong about the boy. And he was confused about many things. How had he not noticed that the Hadrian was abused. Now he thought about it the signs were obvious. He did things alone, not trusting adults. He didn't ask for help, or reach out to others, either emotionally or physically. Was he really so hateful of Potters that he ignored signs of abuse? Did he really know so little about the Potter brat? He clearly did, as the Golden Boy he knew would never have sat in a room full of Malfoys and even speak civally to the Dark Lord. He needed to speak to, Hadrian, as he called himself now. He needed answers.