Chapter 15: A Snape apologises

Foreword: Alright that was beyond cruel last time so here we are. I'll just carry on. Don't mind me. Just your poor, dedicated writer slaving away over here......

Snape went to open his mouth, but he had so many questions in his head he didn't know which to ask first. He supposed it was best to just ask the most basic question and go from there. "What changed?" When Potter simply raised an eyebrow, he explained "The Harry Potter everyone knows would never have joined his parents murderer. He wasn't dark. He didn't torture people or impose his power of inheritance over them!" Lucius had filled him in earlier. His student just tilted his head slightly and stared. Sighing, the boy replied "Id have thought that was obvious Professor. People see what they want to see. You all wanted that precious Golden boy that you didn't see the truth. I'm not light. I'm not friends with the Weasleys or the mudblood. And I'm not some spoilt little prince. You don't know me, so if you're going ask all these questions, forget your assumptions!" Potter hadn't raised his voice once, but the oppressive dark magic, dropping temperature and creeping shadows were enough. Then in the blink of an eye, it was like nothing had happened.

Hadrian sat back and pulled up his icy mask again, without the bored expression. He didn't want to antagonize the man even further. Snape seemed shocked, but looked away and reached for a cup of coffee that the house elf had left earlier. Taking as sip, he squinted at Hade over the rim. "What happened, that night, when I healed you?" Yeah Harry wasn't telling Snape about that. "I won't be taking no for an answer." Then again. He might not want sympathy but if it would get Snape off his back... "I was left with the Dursleys after James and Lily died. You know, Petunia. Well they despise magic, and by extension, me. They spent years trying to 'beat the freakishness out of me'. After I got my Hogwarts letter they backed off a little. Especially after they found out my godfather was a supposed mass murderer. After he died, Dumbles thought it would be clever to tell them. Then they realised there was nothing protecting me." And he knew the rest.

"I'm sorry." When Potter...Harry only tilted his head he explained. "Harry I'm sorry for saying you were spoilt. For expecting you to be just like your father. You just looked so much like him, it hurt. I kept using the excuse you would be safer from both sides if I distanced myself from you. To excuse myself for hurting you. I was a cruel and bitter man. And I'm sorry." Severus had never said the word sorry in his life, not even to Lily. But it was true. After what his father had done, he couldn't believe hed ignored signs of abuse. He had never been more sorry.

Hadrian wasn't sure how to react to that. He doubted the Professor had ever been that emotional ever! But he could use this. As much as their arguments were fun, this rivalry would only be detrimental to his plans. And a skilled wizard like Severus Snape on his side could be very useful. "Well here's my question. If I didn't look like James Potter, would that help?" At the confused look in Snape's onyx eyes he decided to just show him. "I haven't done this since I was 7 years old" he said with a small half smile. Taking a deep breath, he took off his glamour.

 Taking a deep breath, he took off his glamour

(He looks like that with those eyes

(He looks like that with those eyes. And those symbols are like a Dark birthmark on his cheek)

Severus was speechless. Harry didn't look anything like Potter! He opened his mouth to say something but no words would come out. Harry smirked and stood, ready to walk out, but turned at the door. "By the way, Professor?" Harry turned at the door and Snape was not prepared for what he saw.

 "By the way, Professor?" Harry turned at the door and Snape was not prepared for what he saw

"Call me Hadrian."