Chapter 2

I stuck my head out from my hiding place. The sky was a pale, greyish colour. The sun hung melancholy over my head as it seemed to be morning. I couldn't see the beast anywhere so I got up and brushed away the leaves and thistles.

The air was warm and calm but I was in a different place. A large forest that had an abnormal feeling to it. I walked, the grass was dry and crumbled and it looked like the path was constantly changing direction so I didn't know where I was heading. I longed for certain safety but it seemed like I was very much far away from that.

I continued on the route. I was going in no particular direction and hoped to find a way out so get to my cousin as soon as possible before the beast finds me again.

Suddenly, it started raining.

The droplets burned my skin and was sore to the eyes. I sped faster into the shadows for doom was coming quickly and it wasn't wasting its time.

The beating of my heart inside echoed throughout me. I was getting anxious and my mind loomed into the trees to see if it was safe to go, it seemed pretty convincingly safe so I stayed under one for shade.

When the rain died down, I continued off and I seemed fine at first but I had a very bad feeling.

My eyes darted all over the place. I could see the mountains which I know are viewed from my cousin's place so I started to head in that direction. My heart and head ached. I was high in anxiety and low in motivation. I felt like crying and grieving for myself. These woods were so unfamiliar that it looked like it changed every step I took.

Breath short, legs weak, eyes sore. I was running out of time and oxygen was draining. I fastened my pace as quickly as my legs could take me.

SHHHH!

What was that? Surely I heard something, maybe I was just imagining things.

SHHHHHHH!

Ok, I definitely heard that. I started to run as the ominous sound kept bouncing off the bark of the trees. I've never had much fear as I did now. I took off into the shadows and the mountains were my finish line.

Suddenly, the beast appeared out of nowhere. He looked angrier as he did before. I tried to distract myself from him but his vicious self was hunting me. I got a knot in my chest and a lump in my throat but I tried to bear through it and held my neck high as I whizzed through the forsaken trees. The beast held it's jaws out at me and increased its speed. I ducked out of every branch and slithered through narrow places but he was surprisingly good at keeping up.

The rain started turning into the blood as it hit the ground. It was an awful sight and it made the ground very gory and black. The beast seemed to have a very bad reaction to it so that gave me a big of an advantage, even though it made me a bit weak to run through.

It growled through the crimson-covered ground. I was finding it very difficult and also disgusting to run through the blood. The rain also landed on the trees and caused them to droop and turn into my worst nightmare.

I was terrified to my very core, it was all too much, I couldn't take it; so I was ever more determined to get free from this chase and this beast.

Very fortunately, the slippery snow entrance of the mountains was not too far away and was in my sight so I made sure to pick up my legs and run to my salvation.

I think the beast could read my thoughts because it then increased its ferocious, appalling howl which meant it had an increased rage on me getting away, I didn't care anyway.

The clouds soon turned darker and rained even harder. It felt like being burned alive. The sadistic beast almost mockingly laughed evilly at my suffering. I huffed and tried not to think about it.

As I approached the slippery slope, I took a deep breath and dived down the snow into the mountains and hid deep into the snow.

I saw the beast within the apple of my eye, looking confused down. He decided to sledge off and hunt for me.

A/N: this chap is finally done! Hope you enjoyed it :))