Chapter 12

We were walking for about an hour and we somehow got into a deeper denser jungle.

The air was thick and humid and there we're big leaves and every possible turn. The trees were huge and covered the sky from our eyes and everywhere just looked very green. There were dark green bushes and the soil was very soggy but quite damp.

Athena groaned in frustration as she pushed through the barriers that were in front of us. The forest smelt quite funny and the plants looked very weird and unique.

"Don't touch anything," she commanded. I nodded and tried to walk through without touching the coloured flowers. Athena began sniffing the air again and kept twitching her little nose.

"What are you trying to smell?" I asked.

"I smell poison from this woodland so I don't think we should be fiddling around with anything," she said still sniffing the air.

"Ah okay"

We walked until we heard a distant screech from a wild animal. I began to quiver in fear, I looked and all around the bars of trees that had rows of shallow sunlight going through them, lay nothing, just compete and calm nature.

Then I heard it again.

I ran past Athena and cautiously walked ahead. She looked at me with confusion.

"What's gotten into you?" She questioned.

"I think the beast is near," I said panicking even more. She rolled her eyes and pushed me aside.

"Relax you got me, I will protect you," she said. I gulped and nodded slowly and walked behind her, eyes rovering from tree to tree, crouching low.

Then it jumped out from above.

The beast was now in clear sight in front of us. Looking hungrier then ever and walking on all fours towards us, waiting to have its meal.

"So this is the fur ball you were talking about?" Athena said out of boredom.

"Yes!" I said in absolute terror now.

"Yeah whatever, okay stand back"

I ran as far back as I could and Athena cracked her hands together. She got on all fours and her and the beast started circling one another.

"So you think your bad huh?" Athena said tauntingly.

Oh I know I am

"You can talk yeah?" Athena said.

Yea, is there a problem?

"Oh nothing except THIS," she jumped in the air and created a roaring, Crimson fireball in her hands then threw it directly at the beast. He stumbled back but it seemed to have no effect. Athena looked shocked for a second but started to laugh.

"So I can see your strong aganist elements yeah?"

Yeah and you like that's all you have

td The beast started laughing wickedly at her. Athena rolled her eyes and then shot a fireball into his mouth. The beast coughed and went backward which coughing hard and deeply, trying to clear his throat of the burning fire making its way down to the stomach.

Athena smirked and flicked her hair back. The beast scoffed and got up.

Just leave me alone so I can eat that pathetic girl!

He then started racing towards me at a high speed, I curled into a ball and got ready for impact.

"Not on my watch!"" Athena flew straight into the beast and knocked him down on his side. He got up and looked angrily at Athena.

Fine I'm just gonna take you out first!"

He pounced and bared his claws out straight at Athena. She flew right over his head and then the beast landed into a tree. She giggled and turned to me.

"Bella, listen to me".

I turned my eyes towards her.

"When the time is right, I want you to pin me to the ground and start smacking my head against the earth, okay?"

I looked widely at her. Is she crazy?

"Um okay".

"Good".

Athena looked up to the sky. "Ugagh anshadg neh (Mother forgive me)"

She clenched her fists and closed her eyes. A green glow emitted from her and it soon turned red. She opened her eyes and they were the same blood red I saw when she was trying to heal me. She growled and got on all fours and turned to the beast. He was already up and was ready for a proper fight. She galloped towards him at an immerse speed and he did the same. They soon clashed and were rolling on the floor, scratching, biting and kicking each other. Athena bit the back and the beast howled in pain and he fell to the ground.

Athena was still in a hysterical mood and she continued snarling everywhere. I ran towards her and grabbed her quickly then slapped her head against the earth as instructed.

She stopped and then closed her eyes. I carried her and ran before the beast recovers.