Chapter 9

I had this unusual feeling that there was a wave of energy around me. I opened one eye and Athena had her hands hovering over me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Checking your energy levels," she said sternly. I nodded and sat as still as possible. Athena then stopped and gave me a worried look. "You have been through a lot, it looks like your internal organs are failing". My eyes went wide with fear.

Am I going to die?

"Can you help me?" I said hopefully. She smiled and said "Sure, I got some healing powers," she walked up to me. "Lay down and don't move". I obeyed and laid back without moving an inch.

Her wings then started glowing and also her hands. She began to flap her wings and then pressed her hands on my chest. I suddenly felt wave after wave of energy rushing through my veins. She closed her eyes and murmured something that was probably her language.

But then it all started to go wrong.

Athena's eyes suddenly opened and they were a fiery red. I was shocked and frightened. She began to shake and removed her hands from me. She started flying around excessively and hitting the walls while growling. She seemed very out of control of herself and she looked like she was in a lot of pain.

She suddenly crashed against the gem wall and floated down. I ran towards her and leaned down. "Are you alright? What happened?"

She opened her eyes and they were back to being their beautiful green colour. "Sorry, that kind of thing usually takes most of my energy and I'm still young so it gets a bit out of control sometimes," She got up and she looked quite tired.

"I'm sorry you had to do that for me," I said.

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine now," she said showing me a smile. "Anyway, do you want breakfast?"

"Sure!"

"Ok wait here," and she flew away. I sat down and I was really happily about my newfound situation. I got food, water, warmth and I made new friend.

Athena soon came back with fruit kebabs on a rocky tray. "Here". After she laid the tray down, she sat on the opposite side of me and we started eating.

"So since your from Venus, do you have any other special abilities apart from healing?" I asked curiously.

"Well yes," she put down her kebab.

"I can create fireballs with my hands, I can shield myself with a magnetic field and I can morph into other objects or people and Ican do all sorts of other things". I looked at her in amazement, she was really part of a unique species.

"Do you want to go have a swim in the waterfall?" she asked smiling at me. "Alright lets go!"

We both got up and she led me to the cave on the left. It was quite dark but I was able to see Athena's illuminating figure ahead of me. When we got to the end, There were four waterfalls coming out from different exits. I was in absolute awe. Athena's light reflected off them giving off a beautiful rainbow ray that glinted off one of them.

"Go ahead," she said. I jumped and dived down. I did a couple of flips in mid air and landed with a big splash straight in.

I came back onto the surface and spurted out some water and laughed. The water was mild but not too warm or too cold. I looked up and Athena was putting something on then came in with me.

"Fun isn't it?" she said laughing and swimming backwards.

"Very!" I kept laughing and splashed her. She splashed me back and we were in the water kicking and playing.

When we had enough, she carried me back to the top and helped me dry off.

"That was really fun and a great way to cool off under here," I said as we went back to the gems.

"Yeah for you but i'm used to the heat down here," Athena smirked. I rolled my eyes and I noticed the small light in the distance again.

"Hey, do you know where that light comes from?" I asked pointing at it. Athena looked at where I was pointing.

"Oh its nothing, it's an exit to somewhere up above but I don't really know if it's safe or not".

"Hm okay," I said and i went to look at the gems.

"Which one is your favourite?" Athena said coming to stand next to me. "I think sapphires are my favourite but I like the red ruby heart the most," I said examining the gems that were in front of me.

"Yeah it's a very pretty gem, my mother said she was hunting and in the midst of her range, she saw it twinkling in her eyes and she knew she had to get it". Athena wiped away a tear from her eye. I hugged her close. "Hey, it's okay". She gave me a little smile and returned my hug.

I was starting to get tired so I drank some water and went to sleep.

A/N: I have got big plans for the future chapters and its gonna get really exciting :)))))