Chapter 5

I ducked out of sight.

I approached, slowly and carefully, breathing slowly. I was focused on one thing and one thing only. To get to the other side safely.

I crawled. My nails digging into the raw dirt, my feet grazing across the grass and my body being camouflaged by the tall vegetation. I didn't hear anything nor see anyone. I continued with stealth and determination pumping through me. When I reached a clearing, I peered my head up like a meer kat and took notice of any activity.

So far so good.

Forward I went. This time a little higher to my comfortablity. No sound could be heard so my anxiety went down ever so little. A smile perked on my lips. I felt safe to a certain extent and with that, gave me the courage to go on. The wind blew silently and the clouds were appearing a low hum. The sky looked grey and sad but I thought nothing of it, just a cloudy day, what could go wrong?

But oh how could have I known how wrong I was

I sprang free into my surroundings. I was in an overly cheery mood and I began to stride confidently towards the door. When I got onto the porch, I knocked and with a single stroke of my hand, the whole entire house went into dust. Confusion wasn't the word to describe how I was feeling right now, I blinked a dozen times and took a proper look around.

I began to see it.

I looked at the flower, and I realised that it was a complete different species and it was in fact a symbol of the part of the forest that was forbidden. I began to feel terrified for this forest was known as the "Forest Of Nightmares" where an object of your most precious desire will appear as an illusion and will disappear in an instant the moment you touch it. I signed in frustration. I had so much anguish for I realised that where my cousin lived was on the other side of this forest! My eyes became blinded with tears but this wasn't the time for crying, I had to move quickly.

I tried walking but I was still in pain and started to cough more blood but hopefully I can make it out alive.

*Psst*

My eyes darted all around for the origin of that sound, but I couldn't find anything. Due to past experience, I stayed highly alert and kept moving. The scene ahead of me was dull. The trees were twined with vines tightly hugging them. The bushes were the driest shade of green and the ground was rough and crusty.

*Psst*

This one was dangerously resounded into my ears and hissed painfully into my eardrum. I turned quickly, almost making myself dizzy, and there it was, a smirking, satisfied beast. I froze in my tracks, I just stared deeply at him as he was chewing on a leaf. Then the most astonishing thing happened.

I know your scared Bella

Did i just hear the beast talk? No it couldn't be, it's impossible isn't it?

Nothing is impossible but everything is merely possible

Ok I guess it was true. The beast talks and it had this unholy, deep raspy voice, something that you will only hear in your nightmares.

"What do you want from me?" i begged. I was at my lowest point, bleeding and constantly in excruciating pain but I was not going to give in yet, even if I've already caused enough damage to myself by doing just that.

You know what I want

"Please, just please," I begged and pleaded for any mercy that he had within himself.

I'm sorry darling but it has to be done

He then got ready to attack. I was more than fed up of this but i wasn't going to give up this easily. I started to back away and then he pounced. Suddenly, the area which he landed on, broke apart and it triggered an earthquake. I screamed at the same pitch as the beast as the plates of the earth broke apart and opened up to feed upon the surface. The Beast went down looking sorry and i also went down.

A/N: Ok i think this may be my fav chapter :D i hope you enjoyed it hehe, btw this is not the end of the story so stay tuned!