Chapter 13

I ran into some big leaves and settled Athena down. I crouched down next to her.

"Athena please wake up," I was almost down to crying. I didn't want this to be the end of her.

But then I saw a twitch in one of the eyes. I looked carefully at her and all my hopes were confirmed when she slowly opened her eyes. I cried tears of joy and hugged her,

"Oh Athena im so glad your okay!" I squeezed her as tightly as I could.

"What happened?" She said weakly.

"You went crazy and defeated the beast," I said.

"Oh yeah," she sightly laughed. "I hope I didn't scare you too much".

"Well a bit," I chuckled, "what was that?"

"Hidden power". She stood up and dusted herself.

"It's when our full power is unlocked and it's usually used for hunting or battles. My father forced it out of me multiple of times but my mother hated it".

"Ahh ok was the thing that happened back in the cave also Hidden Power?"

"Yes also that. It also can be unlocked when using tremendous amounts of energy that our body switches to use our full power".

"Ohhh okay but your alright now?"

"Yeah," she smiled. I looked at where we was and the colours of the forest was giving me a migraine. It kept fading and then coming back In. The play of colours was intense in this area. Patterns kept going up and down the road ahead and the leaves were getting bigger and smaller at the same time while also jumping from colour to colour.

"This forest is so bizarre," I said.

"True but come on, we need to move before that gorilla comes back".

I laughed at what she said and we got on the path. I think I'm dreaming or that I'm seeing pairs of eyes from both sides just staring at us. I got a bit worried but I thought it was just my imagination.

I was actually starting to like this forest. It was well lit and you can clearly see everything. The trees were the finest green I ever saw and the road was light brown but it was constantly changing colour. I also heard some whistling going on and I can hear distant singing. Yeah this forest was fairly pleasing.

Suddenly, far from where I was standing, I heard a deep opera-like voice. It sounded so raw and melodic but also had a twinge of suspicion.

"Athena did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

Then we heard it again.

"Uh oh, come on we got to move fast," Athena said in a state of panic. I wonder why it got her so worked up.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked worriedly and followed her.

"We just have to move". She then ducked into the bushes and scrambled through. I quickly followed her and then a quick shadowy figure leaped from above us.

The voice got louder.

Athena was getting more agitated and tried slapping her head. I was getting increasingly worried at this whole thing.

I then heard above, branches snapping and leaves crunching while the voice got increasingly louder. Athena let out a cry and slammed her face into the ground, covering her ears. I laid beside her and we stood still.

"Athena do you know what that voice is?"

"It's an international galactic siren that sends aliens into a frenzy and the holder has temporary power over them and can make them do whatever they want depending on the pitch".

"Do you think it's the beast singing it?"

"Defintely and he knows where here so we better run".

Athena quickly grabbed my hand and we dashed through the vines and leaves. The beast jumped from above and just missed us. He growled and started chasing us. Athena put up a magnetic field and we started running. The magnetic field made the beast's roars echoe deep into my ears, it pained them so much.

As we ran, the magnetic field ball was bouncing on the ground and it mimicked the pounding the beast behind us. We bounced along but ahead there was a cliff.

"Get ready to jump," Athena said excitedly.

I put on a determined face but was soon struck with fear as I glanced behind at the beast who was blood thirsty for me.

He got closer and closer.

I looked ahead and we were nearing our escape.

Athena got on all fours and made the ball bounce on the edge and we were falling in style. Athena flapped her wings to keep the ball from going to fast. At the top, I could see the beast jumping over and his claws were coming in after us. I ended up panicking way too much and broke the ball. I screamed and cried as I was going faster towards the rocky ground. Athena quickly caught me and put up the magnetic field again.

"Silly child" she said, I blushed out of embarrassment but then I saw a huge figure coming towards our ball.

the beast land on top of us. He tried to punch the ball open but it was too strong. Athena smirked and made the ball shake. He slipped off and I could see him being blown away.

We also got caught up in a current which sent us flying upside down. I began to feel sick and Athena tried to straighten us but it was no use. The wind sent us down in a blur. I could hear it violently passing us as it took us along its journey.

Oh well let's see where we land.

A/N: how did you find this chapter? I hope it was good :DD