Chapter 16

I held my breath as we kept swimming deeper into the sea. We were heading towards a coral reef and i saw a lot of fish swimming by.

Athena laid me down and she blew a bubble that consumed me.

"This bubble will prevent you from loosing oxygen while were down here. You can also move it around".

"Okay that's fine," I said. Athena swam ahead and I followed her. The bubble was fairly comfy and it didn't break easily. Many colourful fish were swimming and they looked really beautiful. Under the sea was really magnificent and it looked even better than being on land, I even saw a turtle.

"You enjoying yourself?" Athena asked.

"Very," I said joyfully.

She smiled and we continued moving.

We came across a current and got on.

"Does your cousin live near a river?" asked Athena.

"Sort of, there is one down the hill from her house".

"Ahh ok, hopefully this will take us to her".

The current was wild and fun. It drove us along the river and curved a few times. We were being bounced along but there were a few jumpy moments.

Under the sea was royal blue, i could see a few bubbles bubbling. I saw jellyfish and clownfish and seahorses. They all looked so gorgeous. I saw the sun rays in the distance that highlighted the beauty of the coral reef.

Athena was happily looking around and honestly, she kinda looked good as a penguin to be honest.

But this happy moment didn't last for long.

I was suddenly in the mouth of the beast as he captured me unexpectantly and was carrying me away fast. I was still in my bubble and i looked behind and i saw Athena swimming after us. The beast kept swimming and swimming through the water and then eventually he got to the surface. the bubble then popped and as soon as that happened, he flung me in the air and just when i was about to enter the jaws of death, Athena lept into the air as a dolphin and caught me.

She started swimming away fast and the beast was catching up closely behind. The sun was starting to set in the horizon and it was soon going to be nighttime.

I could hear water repeatedly splashing behind me as he got closer...

There's nowhere you can hide, i will always find you!

He jumped out from behind us and just as he was about to grab me, Athena ducked into the sea. I saw the beast diving straight into the water where i would've been.

Athena kept swimming away and the beast kept following.

The beast kept shooting something out of his mouth and Athena dodged every single one.

"This is kinda fun, not gonna lie," Athena said.

"I'm feeling scared to be honest," i said disagreeing.

"Relax, that big ball of fuzz is too slow," Athena said jokingly.

All of a sudden, the beast collided with us. We went crashing down and then landed on the seabed. Athena changed back into a penguin and we started swimming away. Out of nowhere, the beast jumped and landed on both of us, squashing us down.

I finally got you where i want you!

He raised his paw high and at the corner of my eye, i saw Athena smirking.

"Big mistake mister," she said.

She kicked him which made the beast flinch, and whacked him away with one of her fins which drove him flying around.

"Come on," she said.

I got on her back and we swam back up to the surface.

I took a big breath in and we started looking around. Near a forest, there was an icy looking cave that seemed like the entrance.

"Is that the forest your cousin lives in?" she asks.

"I think so," i said.

"Oh well, let's take the chance," Athena said.

We started swimming in that direction before the beast comes back.

A/N: i think i'm losing my touch O.o, this chap seems worst than the previous one.